Thursday, December 3, 2015

Fun & Unique Christmas Card Ideas

Posted by Devin


Do you send out Christmas cards at this time of year? Tara and I love sending holiday cards to our family and friends, but it's not always easy getting our family pictures taken or planning where and how to take them. This year we decided we wanted to come up with some fun and personalized ideas for taking our pictures that represent our families in unique ways. We ordered our cards and lots of other great products such as personalized stamps and address labels from Shutterfly and everything came out perfectly! Let's share what we came up with!

Devin

At the end of last year our family bought a vintage travel trailer that we have named "Gus." I painted and decorated it to fit our family's style (you can see the makeover here) and we traveled extensively in it over the last year. We love our trailer and since we spent so much time in it in 2015, I thought it would be a great idea to take our Christmas card pictures with our trailer as the backdrop! And then I thought, how cute would it be to style Gus in a Christmas-y motif for the cards! Now we're talking... I set up a Christmas tree in front of the trailer, put a wreath on the door, some garland along the ground, and some classic Christmas lights draped about and we were ready to go! Here's how our pictures turned out!


I chose the perfect Christmas card from Shutterfly to go with our picture and I love how they turned out! I can't get enough of the foil stamp cards from Shutterfly, they are so pretty and festive! I also ordered super cute personalized stamps, stickers, and address labels. I can't wait to send them out to our loved ones.


Tara

No matter where you live, you always have an instant backdrop in the great outdoors. One of my favorite things is using my surroundings for family pictures. In the past we have used local parks, lakes, and boat docks. This year I really wanted some good ol' Arizona desert! I scouted my area and found a spot that I loved!



I enjoy the simplicity of a silhouette family photo. There is no need for perfect smiles or eyes open. They are so easy and I love how this one turned out! Once I picked out my style of Christmas card, I loved the option of having my envelopes pre-addressed and stamps that are personalized. It helps sending these out as promptly as possible! Here's how my finished card turned out.


We can not wait to send out our cards this year. And thanks to our pre-ordered, personalized stamps we are one step closer to being ready to mail these puppies off! Aren't these stamps the cutest?!


Thanks for stopping by and good luck with your family photos this year. We hope you have as much fun taking them as we did! Merry Christmas!



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home