Monday, October 5, 2015

IKEA Nightstand Makeover

Posted by Tara




I recently went to my good friend Elaine's home and got to talking to her about furniture. She expressed how she loves her Ikea night stands but hates how they look like cheap laminate wood. I told her all about BBFrösch and how easily we could transform her Ikea nightstands using their chalk powder. 


She told me she wanted them to look like white washed furniture. She has other pieces in that room that I could get color and detail inspiration from to try and match. The picture below shows the wood below her copper top table that she wanted the furniture to match to. 


We first went to Home Depot and picked out the colors. We chose brown teepee and toasty grey.  
Elaine wiped down the dressers. I mixed the paint with the chalk powder, and we were ready to go! I first used the brown teepee color to apply the first coat. You want to remember the thinner the coat the better. If you see the dark wood through the paint, that's ok, it will add the best look at the end of the process. So don't panic! 


After the first coat dried, we got our second color and applied a thin streaky coat. We wanted the first color to pop through, as well as the dresser color  that wasn't covered completely.


And that was it. Once it dried 24 hours we gave it a good waxing with the BBFrösch wax. It took us a total of 2 hours to apply the paint. Then 1 hour to wax. It went quicker than I expected and I loved the finished look! With her wall color the furniture adds the perfect pop of brightness to the room!






Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 9, 2015 at 9:26 PM , Anonymous Crystal said...

I love the makeover! Beautiful choice in colors. It really adds a lot of character to the space. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home