Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Simple Globe Makeover

Posted by Devin


As you guys know, I am participating in a contest to use items I win from EJ's Auction & Consignment and makeover my office with them! To learn more about the contest you can check out my previous post with all of the details. One of the fabulous items I won was this globe on a stand! I loved it but knew I wanted to update it as well. Here's what I did!


Here's the globe as it was when I purchased it. The first thing I did was remove the globe from the stand. It was simple to do by using a small coin to unscrew the single screw attaching the globe to the base.


Next I spray painted the stand with about three coats of paint using Krylon Sun Yellow.


Once the paint was dry I re-attached the globe. Doesn't it look so much cuter with a bright yellow stand?!! I love it, but I still felt like it needed a bit more personality.


So I turned to my Silhouette Cameo to add some fun detailing! I have seen a bunch of painted globes on the internet and decided to add some vinyl letters to mine instead of painting it. To get my Silhouette file to make your own, click here.


Once my vinyl was cut out I adhered it onto my globe. I'm not gonna lie, it was a difficult task applying vinyl onto a spherical object, but I simply worked on one word at a time. And it was worth the time and effort because I think the finished product looks great!

Linking Up With: Link Party Palooza // Creative Collection //

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 18, 2015 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Stephanie Chan said...

Such a sweet makeover! I want to find a globe with a stand like that now!

 
At October 18, 2016 at 1:17 AM , Blogger jennysue said...

I am so doing this!!! Thank you for the amazing tutorial and being such an inspiration!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home