Monday, September 7, 2015

DIY Painted Lemon Sign

Posted by Devin


I am currently working on a major makeover of my home office and part of that makeover includes a gallery wall that I am putting together. I have been trying to find interesting and fun pieces for the wall, but I needed to add a little bit of yellow to get it just right. While I was out shopping and looking around I found the cutest lemon sign that would fit perfectly! Unfortunately, it wasn't the right size. My solution: make my own to fit my space! So here's a quick tutorial on how to make your own super cute lemon sign.

Step 1: Paint your canvas white with craft paint and a sponge brush. I used a flat 11x14" canvas so I could put it in a white frame when I was finished. I love the professional look the frame gives the finished piece.


Step 2: Using a pencil, trace the basic shape of a lemon onto your canvas. Once you have a lemon outlined on your canvas, paint the lemon yellow. Mine took two coats of paint.


Step 3: Add some detailing to your lemon. I used a stylus to paint yellow dash marks around the lemon and then I put a little bit of a white shine on the lemon. To do this you simply dip your paintbrush into some water, then dip your brush into your white paint, and do a few practice strokes onto a piece of paper. When you are happy with the watery look of the paint, paint a little shine onto the bottom right of the lemon. I also ended up adding a little bit of shiney-white to the top and sides of the lemon as you will see in the next step's photo.


Step 4: Now it's time to add your lettering. I used a stencil I created with my Silhouette Cameo, but you can also hand-paint your wording onto your painting. If you own a Cameo, you can download the file for the lettering here. Simply create it with cardstock and stencil with a sponge brush.


Step 5: The last step is to add some dots next to your letters with a stylus and white paint. I love the look this little bit of detailing creates. Such a cute touch!


Once your lemon art is completed, you can frame it or hang it as it is! I love this piece and can't wait to show you all the rest of the office, coming soon!


Linking Up With: Link Party Palooza // Creative Collection //

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home