Thursday, September 17, 2015

Baked Apples

Posted by Tara


Even though it's still a blazing 90 degrees here in Arizona, and I desperately craving fall recipes. I love this time of year! Pumpkins, apples and peaches are in full swing at my house for baking. When it comes to desserts, I am an apple dessert kind of girl. From apple pie, to apple crisp I enjoy the sweetness of apples. 
A few years ago I used to visit teach a sweet lady in my ward. When we would show up, she would always have baked goods coming out of her oven for us! On one occasion, we showed up and she had baked apples. I remember enjoying every bite!

Today I wanted to share my recipe for baked apples. 
Here are most the ingredients (minus the apple juice). This recipe will literally take you 10 mins to get in the oven!


After your apples are washed and dried, you will want to core them. Super simple. I even sliced the bottom (to help it sit upright) and sliced the top.


Mix all your dry ingredients together. It will be crumbly. Press topping in apple and make a little mound on top!


Place in pan, and fill bottom of pan with apple juice. About 1/4-1/2". Cover pan with foil and place in oven.


When they are done, it will smell heavenly! Make sure your apples are nice and tender. Then serve with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel to top it off. Get ready for amazing-ness in your mouth!


Recipe for 6 Baked Apples

6 Sweet Tango Apples
1/2C softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2C oatmeal
1/2C flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
apple juice

Wash and dry apples. Core apples and slice bottom and tops.
Combine dry ingredients.
Then cut in butter. You can use your hands for this and it will become crumbly.
Press topping into apples and create mound on top.
Fill pan with apple juice and cover.
Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Top with ice cream and ENJOY!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 17, 2015 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Becky M said...

This looks so freaking amazing! I need to save this post!!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home