Monday, August 17, 2015

Dresser Makeover with BBFrösch

Posted by Tara

 I've never been one to take on a painting job for furniture. I've always preferred it to be done before I purchase it. It just has always intimidated me. Until I heard off BB Frösch. 

My friends Kelli and Kristi from Lolly Jane Blog sell it and have been raving about it. If you follow their Instagram feed you know they aren't newbies to the remaking of furniture! I decided to purchase my own kit and get started on a dresser that had been sitting in my garage for months! 




The nice part about using BB Frösch is there is no priming or sanding necessary. I literally wiped down this dresser and got started. I followed the directions on mixing my powder and 1 cup of paint.  (I used Valspar in Apricot Jam). That one cup of paint painted 2 coats on my piece of furniture! It seriously blew my mind how far this paint stretched. I ended up using a total of a little less than 2 cups. Not even a quart of paint used! 


After it dried I sealed my painting with their wax. You can definitely feel the difference from the un-waxed paint and the waxed paint. With the wax the paint feels soft and smooth. 


This dresser is now in my daughter's room. Her room is still a blank canvas and I'm constantly changing my mind on the direction I want to go with it. As soon as I finish I will post all the details! 




.



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 22, 2015 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Steph @ Three Loud Kids! said...

I absolutely love how this turned out. I have been seeing so many fabulous make overs like this but Im always scared to give it a try because it looks like so much work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home