Monday, July 6, 2015

Great Ideas for Staying Cool this Summer

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and EDWARDS®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #EdwardsPies http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV


With the temps heating up outside, it can be difficult to think of ways to stay cool and have fun indoors. Especially when you have a slew of kiddos you are trying to keep happy and entertained! And with 9 kids between the two of us, Tara and I know all about the challenges of indoor activities during the summer months. So here are some of our favorite ways to keep cool and please our crowds at home!

1. Indoor Games 
We love playing cards and board games with our kids. It's fun, it's a wholesome way to spend time together, and it gets everyone away from the electronics. Perfect! Tara has posted about some of her families favorite games, but you can also check out Pinterest for tons of great, out-of-the-box game ideas for inside the house. The ideas are endless!


2. Movie Nights
Unfortunately here in Arizona, the sun setting does not mean that it finally feels good enough to head outside. It's still usually pretty miserable through the night so we need to find evening activities to do inside as well. Our answer for that is movie nights. There's something so magical about whipping up some popcorn, grabbing a bunch of pillows and blankets, and snuggling up together to watch a good movie. We never get bored of it!


3. Indoor Picnics & Forts 
When I was a kid, I never understood why my parents didn't want me building forts in the house. What harm were we doing?! I have to admit, now I kind-of get it. But I have learned that indoor forts can be really fun for the kids and not a nuisance for me if I set some boundaries from the get-go. For instance, the fort must be contained within a certain area and not spreading into every nook and cranny of the house. My couch cushions are off-limits but chairs and blankets are perfectly acceptable. You get the point. If I manage it a bit, it's a great activity that makes the boys happy without me popping any blood vessels in my head. Indoor picnics are the same way. If we manage it well, it's a fun activity that doesn't destroy my carpet or leave crumbs scattered everywhere. And both of these activities keep my kids busy and happy for a good long time which is what it's all about, am I right?


4. Cool, No-Bake Treats 
It may be hot outside, but that doesn't mean we don't still want our sweet treats after dinner! We just don't want to use the oven to make them. Who wants a hot and stuffy kitchen when it's triple digits outside?!! To keep everyone's sweet tooth satisfied we turn to options such as EDWARDS® Whole Pies.

Edwards Whole Pies are the perfect summer treats. They keep our kitchens cool, provide everyone with a delicious dessert, and allow us more free time to spend with our families since it's ready in the box! Yum!


We made a quick run to Walmart this week to pick up some pies and right now you can save $1.00 on any one (1) Edwards Whole Pie by taking advantage of the Walmart EDWARDS Ibotta digital rebate (while supplies last). We grabbed the Cookies and Creme, Strawberry Creme and Reese's Peanut Butter Creme pies and they were SO. GOOD.


We hope we gave you all some good ideas for beating the heat for the next few months! Goodness knows we all need some inspiration as the summer days drag on. Try to enjoy them while they last, everyone!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home