Thursday, July 16, 2015

Easy Silhouette Tutorial

Posted by Devin


I love a simple silhouette print. They are so classic and such a great way to capture an image of a loved one that you want to hang on to forever. I was working on re-decorating my entryway in my home and decided to include some silhouette's of my boys to my wall. They are so perfect, I absolutely love them! Here's the how-to on these easy silhouettes.

What You Need:
Canvas - I used 8x10" canvases
Full sheet shipping labels (8 1/2 x 11")
Printer
Scissors
Black and white craft paint
Sponge brush
Clear acrylic spray (finishing spray)

Step 1: Cover your canvas with a coat of white paint.


Step 2: Take a photo of your subject standing sideways next to a plain, white wall. Here's an example of one of my boys' photos.


Step 3: Copy and paste your photo into a simple Word document and size it up to fit onto your canvas. Print the image onto one of your 8 1/2 x 11" shipping labels.



Step 4: Cut out the silhouette image. Try to include as many details as you can when you are cutting it out, like small pieces of hair sticking up and eyelashes. It makes the final product all the better.


Step 5: Remove the paper backing and stick your images onto your canvas. Make sure to press down all of the edges well. Paint around the image, making sure to paint away from the label edge to prevent bleeding. I painted two coats to get good coverage. Once you are done painting, peel the label off of the canvas.


Step 6: Spray your finished product with a clear finishing spray, let dry, and you are ready to hang your artwork! Check out my finished products!




Linking Up With: Link Party Palooza // Creative Collection // Tidy Mom // Moonlight and Mason Jars //

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home