Tuesday, June 16, 2015

DownEast Polka Dot Skirt & Sweater

Posted by Devin


DownEast Basics is one of my very favorite stores. I particularly love all of their beautiful and modest skirts and dresses. I saw this simple polka dot skirt in their catalog and it was love at first sight! I managed to swing by the store a few weeks later and couldn't find the skirt on any of the racks, I was super bummed. But then I spotted one hanging up on a display, woohoo! And just my luck, it was my size too! Double woohoo!


I love the simple, classic cut and print on this skirt. There's no chance this baby is going out of style any time soon.


While I was perusing the racks at DownEast I also grabbed this gorgeous mustard cardigan. We all know how much I love mustard yellow and I had been looking for a cardigan in just this shade for a long time now. It's super long, which I love, but for this look I chose to tie it up. Not a typical way to wear a cardigan, but I think it works!


I paired my outfit with a black tee and black pumps, keeping it simple. I also wore my very favorite turquoise necklace that quite frankly seems to go with absolutely everything in my closet. Favorite necklace ever.


Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to keep up with our newest posts!


What I Wore:
Polka Dot Skirt - DownEast Basics
Yellow Cardigan - DownEast Basics
Black Tee - JC Penney
Pumps - Rack Room Shoes
Necklace - Charming Charlie

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy // Because Shanna Said So //

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At June 17, 2015 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Nicki said...

What a great combination! I especially love the mustard touch. You are so lucky to live near a Downeast :)

 
At June 17, 2015 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Katie D said...

What a classic and chic skirt! You can't go wrong with polka dots. Plus, the mustard sweater is the perfect finishing touch!

-Katie
http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

 
At June 17, 2015 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Garments Speech said...

Love the pattern, the colors and the fit!
Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com/

 
At July 8, 2015 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Abigail Castro said...

I love this polka midi skirt! It screams retro!

xo,
Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

 
At July 8, 2015 at 10:09 PM , Anonymous Happiness at Mid Life said...

I love the outfit from head to toe! I have never heard of this brand before and will need to check it out.

Alice
www.happpinessatmidlife.com

Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

 
At July 12, 2015 at 11:07 AM , Anonymous Jaclyn Kent said...

This outfit is perfect! I love the mustard cardi to top it off!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home