Thursday, May 7, 2015

Spoonflower Fabrics for Gus

Posted by Devin


When I was working out my decor plan for my travel trailer (click here to see the full post for my trailer makeover), I found myself being drawn back to Spoonflower fabrics over and over again on my inspiration boards. They have such adorable prints and I really wanted fabrics with fun colors that went well with my overall theme. I've had a number of people ask me about the fabrics I chose so I thought I would go ahead and write up a quick post highlighting them! Here's what I used:

Bow and Arrow Mustard - by evelyckan


This was my very favorite fabric and the first one I chose for my inspiration board. I knew I wanted my main colors to be mustard yellow, red, and green and the teepee and bow and arrow print on this fabric was a perfect match for the direction I was going. I used most of this fabric for the curtains in the trailer.


Desert Sun - by leanne


If you have seen Gus you know that cacti are a major part of my Arizona theme. So obviously this fabric was total perfection for my trailer. I used this fabric mainly for pillows.

Mustard Giant Aztec - by ivieclothco


I wanted another mustard fabric and this one was a great fit as I loved the southwestern feel of the print. I used this fabric for pillows, as pictured above, and also for my indoor tablecloth. It turned out so cute!

Arrows Emerald - by holli zollinger


Since all of my cushions were already red and I had two fabrics in mustard, I decided I needed a little more green to bring into the space. I chose this fabric for not only the color, but the arrows which tied in with my teepee/arrow/adventure feel. I used the green arrows for pillows as well and I just love this print.



Besides the things I have already mentioned, I also used these fabrics to create the quilt that Jake and I will use on our bed in the trailer. For this type of quilt I like to use at least ten different fabrics so I combined them with others that coordinated well with them. You can check out the tutorial for the quilt here.



If you haven't seen Spoonflower fabrics before, you should totally peruse through their website. They seriously have the cutest stuff. You can get every print in a variety of fabric options, from standard cotton to canvas, twill, minky, jersey, and more! You can even get them as wallpaper or gift wrap! Not to mention that you can upload your own design and have that printed on any of their products as well. It's crazy cool. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 9, 2015 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Marni @ Haberdashery Fun said...

Super cute! Love the mustard table cloth..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home