Monday, May 4, 2015

Gus is Done! The Completed Travel Trailer Project

Posted by Devin


You guys, it is finished! This travel trailer make-over is all done! And I could not be happier with the results. Our trailer is so darn cute now, if I do say so myself. So without further ado, here's Gus! First, let's check out the exterior.

The only changes I made to the outside were painting the propane tanks to look like barrel cacti and adding "Gus" and cactus decals to the side that I created with my new Silhouette Cameo. I can tell it's going to be my new best friend. ;) Small changes, but fun ones. And every camper needs a banner and some twinkle lights or it's just not really glamping, am I right? Ok, now for a quick look back at what Gus looked like inside before the makeover:

Now let's take a peek inside to see the transformation! This is where the real magic happened. The Arizona theme turned out so great and I just love the brighter, cozier, more home-y space that we have now in our trailer. The original look inside was just so dark without any personality, I am so glad I decided to paint the old paneling! It's such a welcome change!


 White Frame: Ikea (Photo of my guys taken by me and edited with the Rhonna Designs App) //
White Pot & Plant: Ikea // Supplies Container: World Market // Fan: Target

 
Aztec Pillows: Ikea // Blankets: Mexico // Yellow Container: Yard Sale // 
Curtain Fabric: Spoonflower // Cactus Pillow: Homemade (Tutorial @ Everything Emily Blog)


 
 Copper Mugs: Target // Camper Cookie Jar: World Market // Green Colander: Gift // 
Arizona Map: Back Cover of Arizona Highways Magazine, April 2015 Issue // 
Red Magnetic Clock: World Market // Green Magnetic Canisters: World Market // Floor Rug: Ikea

 
Red Marquee Arrow: Target // Succulent Plant: Target // Cactus Salt & Pepper Shakers: eBay // Kitchen Towel: Gift

 
Arizona Chalkboard: Purchased wood cut-out on Etsy and painted with chalkboard paint



 
 Pillow & Tablecloth Fabrics: Spoonflower // Knitted "G" Pillow: Knitting Nannies // 
Wood Slice Sign: Homemade // Succulents: Dollar Tree plants and glasses, added sand 
// Cactus & Pom Pom Garland: Homemade (Tutorial for felt cacti @ Everything Emily Blog
// Red Covered Trailer Cushions: Re-covered myself using this tutorial from Jezze Blog


Quilt: Homemade (Tutorial on Our Blog) // White Fur Throw: Ikea

There are still a few projects that I would like to tackle in Gus, like replacing the carpeting with wood vinyl flooring, but all in good time. Half the fun of having a glamper is glamping it up, right? I'll make sure to post any future projects to keep you updated!

All right you guys, I need to make a few shout-outs to some people who helped with this project. It's like I won an award or something, lol! But it kind-of feels like I did, completing a project this big. ;) The amazing fabrics that could NOT be cuter are from Spoonflower. I simply had to have them, the trailer wouldn't have been the same without it. I will give a full description with links to each fabric in a post soon to come! 

My super adorable knitted "G" pillow is from the darling girls over at Knitting Nannies. This was yet another "must-have" item on my trailer decor wish list and I just love it so much! These girls make so many darling things, check out their link above to see all of the goodies in their store! 

Next I have to say my entire inspiration for the decor was built around one picture of a darling cactus pillow from Emily of Everything Emily Blog. You saw I mentioned her a few times above for some tutorials I used. Thanks for the inspo, Emily! Your blog rocks!

Last but not least, thank you to my hubs! He was so awesome catering to the whims of a girl who was basically making her own adult playhouse and he never complained once! He even bought me a new sewing machine and a Silhouette Cameo to assist in the project and put in a lot of hours helping me paint! Jake, you're the best! XOXO Now let's hit the road, baby, and go camping!



Linking Up With: Link Party Palooza // Lolly Jane // Moonlight & Mason Jars // Fluster Buster // Skip to My Lou // Tip Junkie // Whimsy Wednesdays // Thirfty Thursday // Tidy Mom //

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At May 4, 2015 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Rebecca Lopez said...

Love how it turned out girls! Perfect theme! The cactus pillow and the quilt are amazing!!!

 
At May 11, 2015 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Oh my goodness! This is so cute! I love it.

 
At May 13, 2015 at 6:17 AM , Blogger Benita Roberts said...

What a wonderful home away from home! You did an awesome job and I love this sweet little place!!

 
At May 14, 2015 at 8:18 PM , Anonymous Kathy R said...

You did a great job, I just love it!

 
At March 19, 2016 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Mrs. Cherepko said...

As a girl who loves camping and grew up in Arizona, I love your glamper! Cozy and charming! I did grow up in the mountains though, so I would have to replace your cactus pillow with a pine tree. �� Lovely!

 
At May 26, 2016 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Tita Peters said...

Love your interior. So welcoming and warm. Can you share your gold paint color please?

 
At July 8, 2016 at 12:58 AM , Blogger Tara Carroll said...

Thank you! The yellow paint color is Jackson Square by Valspar.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home