Thursday, May 21, 2015

DIY Painted #10 Can Planter

Posted by Devin

There are two things I am loving lately: succulents and painted planters. I wanted a new potted plant for my porch but quite frankly did not want to spend any money on it. My solution was turning one of my numerous #10 cans into a cute painted planter! Here's what you need for this super simple project.


Materials:
#10 Can
Gold Spray Paint
White Acrylic Paint
Painter's Tape
Sponge Brush
Screwdriver
Hammer

Step 1: Punch a hole in the bottom of your can to allow the planter to drain when watered. I did this by simply putting a large screw driver in the middle of the bottom of the can and hammering it through.


Step 2: Spray paint your can. Make sure to paint the entire outside and the top three or four inches inside the can as well. I painted mine gold but you can use any color combo you want.


Step 3: Using your painter's tape, tape off the bottom section and paint it white (or any color of your choice) with your sponge brush. This will probably require 2-4 coats to get good coverage.


Once the paint is dry, remove the tape and you are ready to pot your plant! As I said, I was looking for a very inexpensive plant so I simply transplanted some aloe vera from a larger plant I already had. I think my new potted plant looks great on my porch!



Linking Up With: Link Party Palooza // Creative Collection // Creativity Unleashed // Tidy Mom //

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 29, 2015 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Rosy Lehman said...

How did you get the label and glue off? I'm going to start saving cans so I can make some of these for our patio.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home