Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Transitioning from Winter to Spring

Posted by Devin


I love March. The weather here in Arizona is just beautiful, spring break falls right in the middle of it, we're gearing up for Easter, and my birthday is on the 28th! Doesn't get any better than that! It is definitely a transitional month, moving from winter to spring. Although our winter here just feels like a slightly cooler spring... Still, I start to move away from boots and dark colors and begin opting for lighter clothing in my wardrobe as the temps creep up.


I think this outfit is a great example of transitioning from winter to spring. It mixes winter and spring pieces while still feeling very cohesive.


These pin-striped pants with zippered pockets definitely fall into the winter clothing category. The dark navy color and black and metal accents are great for winter. And the style of the flats say spring while the black color keeps it in the winter category as well.

I paired my pants with a light-weight blouse that mixes navy and turquoise for more of a spring-like feel. Adding a white blazer brightens up the outfit and completes the transitional look. Plus I pretty much like a blazer with everything.


I'm so excited that spring is almost here! I hope you have a beautiful one, I know we will here!


What I Wore:
Ankle Skinny Navy Pants - Express
Black Flats - Rack Room Shoes
Blouse - DownEast Basics
White Blazer - Forever 21

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy // Style Elixir // Because Shanna Said So //

Labels:

7 Comments:

At March 4, 2015 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Lauren {Fizz and Frosting} said...

The zipper details on your pants are so cute! Love that you paired them with a white blazer!

Lauren
Fizz and Frosting

 
At March 4, 2015 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Monica Siembieda said...

Love this look and your hair is beautiful! I wish I could actually see the ground, currently it's covered in snow. Love how you paired these pants with a white blazer, so chic!

www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

 
At March 4, 2015 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

Very pretty look! I love the blazer and the pretty blue top. The flats are perfect with the slim pants and the zippers are really cool w them too! Have a great day
from the link up
please stop by, jess xx
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

 
At March 4, 2015 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Chioma said...

i love how the white blazer pulls everything together!

Chioma
C's Evolution of Style

 
At March 4, 2015 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Such a cute outfit! And you are so right, this March Arizona weather is perfect :)

Penn&Quill

xo Robin

 
At March 5, 2015 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Fabulously Average said...

This is making me want a white blazer! So cute!

Cheers,
Jo
FabulouslyAverage

 
At March 5, 2015 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Ruth Alvarez said...

Very cute. I live in canada, so it's still dreadfully cold and I can't wait for positive temperatures.
Love those pants.

Ruth @ http://www.roothless-xo.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home