Monday, March 23, 2015

Before Pics of "Gus" the Travel Trailer

Posted by Devin

All righty, here it finally is! The "before" pics of our travel trailer. We bought this trailer in pretty good condition so this is going to be more of a decorating project than a major make-over. Everything in these pics are exactly how it came to us and I can't wait to start adding my personal touches to it to get it glamper-tastic! I think I just created a new word for the urban dictionary. ;)


This couch folds out to a full sized bed and there is a full sized bunk that folds down above it. It tucks away nicely when you're not using it to make the room feel more spacious and provide lots of head room. The curtains and throw pillows came with the trailer and instead of replacing them, I plan on adding to them and sprucing them up a bit. 


The table converts into the third bed which is a twin size and fits my oldest and youngest together nicely. Can you believe our family of six fits in this thing?! When we were searching for a trailer we were aiming for as small as possible while still having a bed for everyone. I think we hit the nail on the head.


The little kitchen is just too cute, isn't it?! Cash loves all of the "baby-sized" appliances "just for him." Jake had to do a little work on the plumbing, but everything works great! Even the little gas lamp which I think is the coolest.


I will be keeping the carpet as it is brand new and would be a major job to get the floor ready for a laminate surface. Plus after two trips I have found that it hides travel dirt well (which you still have even though we leave our shoes at the door), is soft for little boys' feet, and is easy to clean with a quick vacuum job when you get home. 

 
I have gone round and round on whether or not to paint the paneling. I think the wood-toned paneling will go well with the Arizona Theme I have chosen (shown above) and is cool in a vintage-y way, but I just love the look of a white trailer inside and think it makes it seem cleaner and more spacious and airy. Tough choice. I am leaning towards keeping it wood-toned for now since you can always paint later but you can't go back. We'll see if I change my mind as I begin to decorate. Sometimes we women are known to do that. ;)

And now it's time to get started! Any tips, opinions, or suggestions you want to share? Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 23, 2015 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Lissa said...

I love your colors and scheme! It isn't a super feminine scheme so I think the wood will look great! Try painting a large piece of cardboard and hanging it on a wall next to a wooden wall and see which you like best. You can always paint some trim or just use decor to give it that fun pop of color. I don't have a camper but hope to glamp one up in the next couple of years - I have all the stuff to do that with! Good luck - it will be darling either way!

 
At March 23, 2015 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it needs painting and decorating, I took photos of mine and printed them in grey scale and then coloured and painted in the photos to get an idea of how it will look. I'm the kind of person that needs to see it, I can't visualize in my head.

 
At March 23, 2015 at 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out what blogger Mandy Gubler did with her trailer at Vintage Revivals. http://www.vintagerevivals.com/category/the-nugget-vintage-camper-reno

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home