Monday, February 16, 2015

DIY Bunny Sign

Posted by Tara






I can't believe how quickly the year has taken off. February is almost over. I decided to get a jump start on the next big holiday. Easter. With a few materials in your home, you can recreate this decor for your Easter Decor collection. 

Here is what you will need:
Scrap Wood (My husband is building a coop and these were some scraps left over)
Our Printable Here and Here
Craft Paint (any color you choose)
Scissors
Paint Brushes




1. I first sanded any rough edges. 
2. Then I began to paint, mainly in the center where I will be laying my stencil down. 


3. After my pink paint had dried, I cut out the stencil and laid it where I wanted it, I began to paint my purple color around it. 
4. For an "ombre" look start with a dark color towards the top and slowly add more quite to the color as you paint down the wood. It's super easy and gives it a great touch!
5. Add whatever saying to the top of the board. I used "Hippity Hoppity, Happy Easter". I even liked the sign without the wording. 





Super easy and such a cute addition to my Easter decor. Thanks for stopping by, and let me know if you have any questions!

Linking up with: Practically Functional, Flusters Creative Muster, Linky Party Palooza, Lolly Jane

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2015 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

I found your link through Home Talk and stopped by to have a closer look. I love your bunny sign. Thanks for providing a printable.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home