Monday, December 1, 2014

Pretty Christmas Candles

Posted by Devin


I guess I must be on a "candles" kick right now, because when I noticed that my Christmas decor needed a little jazzing up I once again turned to candles to do the trick. But I really do love candles! There's nothing like the soft glow of candle light to make everything seem pretty and magical. Plus these were so easy to make and only cost me a dollar per candle from the Dollar Tree, the rest of the supplies I had on hand. Score! So here's my super simple and inexpensive dollar store candles tutorial!


Supplies 
8" glass jar candles from the Dollar Tree
Ribbon in Christmas colors
Burlap scraps
Lace ribbon
Hot glue

Step 1 - Take the sticker off the candle jar. Stickers that don't like to peel off are a SERIOUS pet peeve of mine. Thankfully these stickers came off without too much of a fuss, but if you have some that don't want to peel, try this trick from One Good Thing By Jillee.


Step 2 - Wrap your burlap scraps or ribbon around your candle jar and trim to size. My ribbon was not super wide so I decided to use two strips wrapped side-by-side to give the look of a thicker ribbon. You'll want the burlap and colored ribbon to be about double the width of the lace ribbon. Hot glue the ribbon to the candle jar by simply applying a few dots of hot glue to one end of the ribbon and adhering it to the jar, then wrapping it around and applying a few more dots to the other end to secure.




Step 3 - Wrap the lace ribbon around the burlap or colored ribbon and trim to size. Hot glue it around the center of the burlap/colored ribbon using the same method described in Step 2.



And that's it guys, so simple! Just how I like my crafting to be. ;) Have a great month and a merry Christmas!

Linking Up With: Link Party Palooza //

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 14, 2015 at 10:12 PM , Blogger Shaindy Einhorn said...

Awesome Candles with Beautiful Fragrance. I love these candles!!! and I am definitely a repeat customer of these seller.

 
At August 2, 2016 at 1:25 AM , Blogger Sheila said...

Candles are a favorite of mine during Christmas and these are beautiful! What a great way to save money by using inexpensive candles and sprucing them up like you have done. I will definitely have to get some candles like these and dig through my old craft bins and see what I can find to make some as pretty as these.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home