Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Last Minute Christmas Decor

Posted by Tara


If you are like me, you are still behind on decorating as well as Christmas shopping. I love this time of year, but it can be a bit over whelming at times! Today I am sharing a QUICK and easy last minute Christmas decor idea or gift. This will take you 10 minutes tops!

Here is what you will need:
Fabric- I chose plaid
3 Bamboo hoops/Embroidery hoops- 6"
Glue *not necessary
Scissors
Gold chip board letters


Here comes the easy part... seriously.
First you will want to lay your fabric flat with the hoops on top. Then trace around the hoop. Then cut.



*** Make sure to cut at least a 1/4" outside the line you traced. This allows room for you to center fabric and keep it in the hoop. I'd rather have too much than not enough.

After you have tightened in hoop, trim an excess fabric hanging out. 




Then apply your letters. Mine already had adhesive on the back, but you can add hot glue or glue to really keep it on there. 


 These made adorable ornaments and if strung with jute a really cute banner. You can make any saying your heart desires. I really wanted something with the word JOY, but you could do Noel. I loved the way they turned out and like I say, Work smarter not harder! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!

Linking up with: Practically Functional, Linky Party Palooza, Creative Collection


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 12, 2014 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Maria said...

What a cute idea, I absolutely love these! I love plaid for Christmas, and this is such a sweet Christmas ornament idea!!!! A little set of these would make for such a nice little Christmas present!!!! :)

 
At December 13, 2014 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Becky M said...

Oh my gosh are you kidding me with those peanut butter balls?! Yum! Love your Joy tree decorations!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home