Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Blue on Blue

Posted by Tara


Arizona has been full of sunshine the last few weeks. You seriously couldn't ask for better weather. But today was super cloudy and dark, ALL DAY LONG. I'm sure everyone back East is just rolling their eyes at that statement. :) I love my sunshine.
This outfit is inspired by all those working moms out there. Yes, I know I am a working SAHM, but I can go to work most days in sweats and a t-shirt. Working moms get to wear professional clothes and have casual Fridays. I know that wearing work attire probably gets old real fast but I am hoping I can help remind you of how cute it can be!


I am a huge fan of blazers. I wish I had them in all colors, then I could wear them all year round. I only have dark ones... navy (pictured), grey, and black. I love the sophistication they add to an outfit. 


There is probably a rule against this somewhere, but I love same color outfits. The other day I saw a fashion blogger do an all-black outfit. I think sometimes we worry about looking like a color block and forget that it totally works. My blue on blue was on point. I decided to put a simple necklace that had a touch of turquoise with it.


I'm a shortie, so I paired my long pants with some neutral booties. I pretty much wear these shoes with everything from dresses to skirt and rolled up jeans. 


I think sometimes we all get caught up in our everyday lives that we forget to get creative with our outfits. Is my blue on blue outfit the most creative thing I've ever worn? No, but it was the most creative outfit for the week! I hope you were able to find some inspiration to wear something new or different this week! Thanks for stopping by!

What I Wore:
Blazer: Forever 21
Button-up: H&M
Demin: Brand Decree
Booties: Ross
Necklace: Charming Charlies
Clutch: Goodwill

Linking up with: The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Tres Chic, Perfectly Coutured, Fashion Informant, Manic Monday, Mix It Monday, Rhea Et Cetera, Trend Spin, DC in Style, Join the Gossip Stylelixir

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At December 3, 2014 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Night Chayde said...

Love this look. Simple chic and stylish. Loving the hair!!


Nightchayde

 
At December 4, 2014 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Marta said...

Love the simplicity of this look, very chic!!
Marta
www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

 
At December 4, 2014 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

Love the look of a great pair of jeans on you with a fitted blazer! The shade of blue looks great on you as well
from the link up

pleaSE stop by, jess xx

http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

 
At December 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I love blazers, too. You are so lucky to have sunny weather. We are into the long, cloudy days in the midwest - makes photos outside somewhat difficult.

Lisa @ Daily Style Finds

 
At December 8, 2014 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Shauna C said...

Stunningly chic!!

Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

 
At December 8, 2014 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Darcy said...

Stunning! Your hair is gorgeous!
www.amemoryofus.com

 
At December 10, 2014 at 4:32 AM , Blogger Victoria Mason said...

Beatiful! Simple and perfect. Love the shades of blue of you

-Vicky
TheMummyChronicles.com
Come link up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!

 
At December 10, 2014 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Julie said...

I really love that gold chain necklace with the turquoise ombre. Charming Charlie is seriously the best! I love that place. I could probably spend my entire paycheck there. haha!

 
At December 10, 2014 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Queen In Between said...

Love this look...simple and classy!

 
At December 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Priscilla - Wheelchair Mommy/Stylish Gimp said...

such a CLASSIC and comfy look!

 
At December 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Ashley Lopez said...

You are gorgeous! Love that blazer, and your hair is stunning!
Glad I found you on the Pleated Poppy Link Up Ill be sure to follow!

Xoxo
Ashley
www.ArrayofStyle.com
Stop by sometime

 
At December 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM , Anonymous Abby said...

What a gorgeous blazer! And your hair is even more gorgeous :)

A new post is up on the blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you are able to drop by: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

 
At December 11, 2014 at 11:37 PM , Anonymous Happiness at Mid Life said...

I love blazers too and probably do have most colors in the rainbow & then some. I wore them mostly for work and I am slowly incorporating them into my weekend life too. Great look!

Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Hope you will stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

 
At December 16, 2014 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Robin said...

I love that necklace! So cute!

xo Robin

http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home