Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fashionable in Flannel

Posted by Tara


"Life is too short to wear boring clothes"-Author Unknown

I came across this quote recently and fell in love with it. Life is really too short to wear boring clothes. I feel like I can wear comfortable, exciting, fashionable clothes and still run around and be a mom. Do I dress like this every single day. Nope. I'm just like all of you wearing workout clothes as I clean my house and drop kids off at school, but when I get the opportunity to dress nice, I do! I enjoy putting together outfits that highlight my style. 


Flannel is certainly part of my style. My love for flannel has grown over the past year, I would wear it everyday if I could! I was reading an article today about "What makes you a Hipster?" and I noticed a few of the things on the list were things that I wear constantly: flannel, skinny jeans, ironic tops, messy bed head.. the list goes on. I'm definitely not a true hipster, but it was interesting how many of the items on the list I wear!


When it comes to building a trendy wardrobe, a trusty woven or flannel button-down is an excellent place to start. This season there are all sorts of colors of flannel. I have a few more I want to add to my closet for Christmas. Flannel is great on scarves as well. I am seeing them everywhere. It adds a touch of texture to an outfit. 



You can style flannel all different kinds of ways like western, grungy, hipster, or laid-back California cool. Put it under a sweater like I did or on top of a printed tee or wear it alone, there is almost no wrong way to wear it. I like to pair mine with a cream tulle skirt for church on Sundays.


Flannel is a must-have for me this season. I hope you were able to find some inspiration on how to wear it this winter! Be sure to check out my other outfits with flannel.

What I Wore:
Sweater: Target
Flannel: H&M
Boyfriend Jeans: Forever 21
Boots: Rack Room Shoes
Clutch: Fresh Picks
Lipstick: Maybeline Very Cherry

Linking up with: Pleated Poppy // Because Shanna Said So // Tres Chic // Fashion Informant // Manic Monday // Mix It Monday // DC in Style // Join the Gossip // Stylelixir // Trend Spin // Perfectly Coutured // Rhea Et Cetera


Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At November 19, 2014 at 4:59 AM , Blogger Victoria Mason said...

I love this look on you and that is so funny about the hipster thing.

Come link up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!
L,
Vicky
TheMummyChronicles.com

 
At November 19, 2014 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Doused In Pink said...

What a cute outfit! Love your Happy sweatshirt!

Jill
www.dousedinpink.com

 
At November 19, 2014 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

So cute, love the boots and the shirt, when you wear it you HAVE to be in a good mood. Love the red flannel too!
from the link up
please stop by, jess xx
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

 
At November 24, 2014 at 7:47 AM , Blogger We Shop in Heels said...

Loving this casual look...That sweatshirt is adorable on top of the plaid shirt!
~Tatiana
http://www.weshopinheels.com

 
At November 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM , Anonymous Erin @ Her Heartland Soul said...

I want that happy shirt! How cute!

 
At November 24, 2014 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Darcy said...

Super cute! Love your layering!
www.amemoryofus.com

 
At November 24, 2014 at 5:54 PM , Blogger B @ The Sequin Notebook said...

That sweater is fantastic - love it layered over the flannel!

 
At November 25, 2014 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

Lovev that sweater! It's totally not something I'd pick out if it was on a hanger, but seeing it now, I love it!

 
At November 25, 2014 at 9:33 AM , Blogger The Real Arnolds said...

Stopping by from the link up. I love the bit of sparkle with the flannel.

xo, Amy Ann
The Real Arnolds

 
At November 25, 2014 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Stephanie Kastelan said...

Love the flannel! Great outfit!
Stephanie
http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home