Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Denim, Checks, & Oxfords

Posted by Devin


As you know, I recently acquired a new pair of Oxfords from Rack Room Shoes and I am wearing them All. The. Time. Especially now that the weather has finally cooled down a bit and I am looking for something other than sandals in my closet. I had seen women on Pinterest wearing oxfords and other menswear-inspired shoes with dresses and I thought it looked so darn cute! Sometimes I feel a little hesitant to try out new fashion ideas that are a bit out of my usual comfort zone, but I really liked this trend so I decided to give it a shot!


I have to say, I really loved wearing these shoes with my dress. I thought it looked cute and I was able to wear comfy, flat, lace-up shoes instead of my usual heels with my dress. This is a trend I can get on board with! Especially if I'm chasing Cash and juggling ten things in my arms. What do you think of this current trend? Yay or nay?


I have to mention this denim dress as well. It's an oldie, but a goodie. Ever since I was a teenager, I have always had a denim dress in my closet. I love them. They are casual and comfortable and super versatile. A number of years ago I found myself without this closet staple and decided I needed to go on the hunt for one. Unfortunately, most of the dresses I found were too short! I wanted a dress that hit me at the knees and apparently that is hard to come by in a denim dress. Then I found this dress on clearance at Kohl's.


Normally at Kohl's I wear about a size 4-6 and they did not have these dresses left in anything smaller than a 10. At first I thought, well a 10 isn't going to work and I started to walk away. But then I took a peek at the price tag and it was marked down to only $5! Can you believe that?!! For that price I decided to try on the 10 and I'm so glad I did! The dress was the perfect length in a 10. This dress is meant to fit tighter and shorter but I loved it looser and longer, just what I was looking for! It has been a favorite of mine ever since then. The moral of this story: if you are looking for something more modest, think outside the box! Sometimes you can find what you're looking for when you least expect it.

  
What I Wore:
Dress - Kohl's
Check Shirt - Forever 21
Oxfords - Rack Room Shoes
Belt - Ross
Necklace - Gift

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy // Because Shanna Said So // Manic Monday // Style To Inspire // Fizz and Frosting // Join the Gossip //

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 26, 2014 at 9:22 AM , Blogger becky17joe said...

I love your outfit!! It is so adorable!!!

Stopping by from the Link Up - Becky with Choose Happy

 
At November 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

Love the outfit and the belt is perfect with it, THe oxfords so cute.
from the link up,
please stop by, jess xx
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

 
At November 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM , Anonymous on hayden lane said...

So cute! Love this look on you.

Nell

 
At December 10, 2014 at 7:07 PM , OpenID countrygirlcityfashion said...

This outfit is absolutely adorable! I love those oxfords so much.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home