Thursday, October 16, 2014

What's Your Fall Shoe This Season?

Posted by Devin


I love shoes. Who doesn't, right? And I particularly love shoes suited for the cooler weather. Maybe it's because we can wear flip flops 90% of the time here in AZ, but being able to switch over to something with a closed-toe always gets me excited! So today I am going to show you 4 pairs of shoes from Rack Room Shoes that I am loving this Fall season!



First up are these amazing pair of Oxfords. I have been pining over Oxfords for quite some time and drooling over all of the cute outfits circulating on Pinterest with girls sporting them. Now that I have a pair of my own, I couldn't be happier with them. Menswear-style shoes are super on-trend this Fall and I think Oxfords are the creme de la creme of menswear-inspired footwear. They bring a touch of class to any outfit without being too stuffy or formal and they are comfortable for me to wear all day long while I run errands and try to keep up with my busy schedule. If I was only going to get one new pair of shoes this Fall, it would be these.


But thankfully, I didn't have to limit my shoes to only one new pair this season. ;) Next up are these super cool and casual boots by G by Guess. I'm not exactly sure if you call it a combat boot or a fold over boot or maybe a combination of both, but I love them!


I had been wanting a boot with a bit of an edgy feel to them and I think these fit the bill. The extra zippers and buckle details along with the lace-up style definitely give these a punk, rock 'n' roll vibe that I love. These boots are made for walkin' and I plan on doing a lot of walking in them this Fall!


As I said before, we have a lot of warm weather here (duh, right? like you didn't already know that Phoenix is hot) which means that cute sandals are also a must for Fall shoes. These brown, platform sandals can be worn with a casual outfit or a dressy one. I love that they are so versatile.


I have been wearing platform shoes since I was a teenager. Maybe I should have been born in the 70's? Anyways, my Dad used to always tell me "you're going to break your ankles!" when he'd see me wearing them. So far, no ankle breaking incidents have occurred! I don't think platform shoes will ever be out of fashion in my book.


Last but not least I have a pair brown, faux leather ankle boots. Are you starting to notice a trend here with my 4 Fall shoe picks? Each and every pair is brown! I didn't even notice I had picked all brown pairs until I lined them up in my room, lol! And it made me realize that for me, brown shoes just scream "Fall!" Maybe it's because brown is a warmer tone than black (which has more of a winter feel to me), but I always gravitate towards the brown tones this time of year.


I love these super cute ankle booties. Wear them with a dress or wear them with jeans, they are lovely either way. And this Fall, ankle boots are everywhere. If you are looking for a new pair of shoes that are going to keep you on-trend this season, you can't go wrong with ankle boots!

What I Wore
Outfit 1:
White Blouse - Calvin Klein
Jeans - American Eagle
Shoes - Rack Room Shoes
Bag - Dooney & Bourke

Outfit 2:
Yellow Sweater - Forever 21
Jeans - American Eagle
Boots - Rack Room Shoes
Scarf - Target

Outfit 3:
Plaid Button-Up - Ross
Jeans - JC Penney
Sandals - Rack Room Shoes

Outfit 4:
Jacket - Ross
Green Tee - Target
White Jeans - Old Navy
Booties - Rack Room Shoes

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy // Style Elixir // Because Shanna Said So // Three-fer Thursday // DC in Style // Join the Gossip // Fizz and Frosting // On The Daily Express // Rhea Et Cetera // Trend Spin Linkup //

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At October 16, 2014 at 6:07 AM , Blogger Jaime Costilow said...

Ran across your blog on a link up (yikes! not sure which one) and love your style! You have some super cute outfits lady!

XO, Jaime
RegallySoled.com

 
At October 16, 2014 at 7:58 AM , Blogger J. Elle said...

Such adorable fall picks! I have those platform sandals and just love them. Seeing your outfit with the oxfords made me want to pull mine out and wear them soon. Love how you styled each of these great shoes!

 
At October 20, 2014 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Morgan Smith said...

Love the 3rd outfit - plaid shirts are awesome :)
-Morgan
California To Carolina
The Gym Bunny

 
At October 20, 2014 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Shauna C said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 20, 2014 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Shauna C said...

All of these looks are fall fabulous!!

xo Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

 
At October 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

Love all the looks, especially the oxfords and booties. I have an illness, so I cant wear more than a 1 inch heel, so a kitten heel. I bought a really cute pair of leopard ones, then grey lace and leather booties, and a pair of rich brown booties with a 1 inch heel.

 
At October 20, 2014 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Darcy said...

Great pieces! I love those booties!
www.amemoryofus.com

 
At October 22, 2014 at 4:14 AM , Blogger Tammy Hiveley said...

These are great additions to your fall wardrobe! My favs are the oxfords and the Combat boots. And I'm in desperate need for a new simple plaid shirt... you rocked yours! Maybe I'll look for that one! Thanks for the inspirations. Found you on the Pleated Poppy link up. xo Tammy

http://www.wildruffle.com/2014/10/22/cheers-to-this-crazy-life/

 
At October 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Brooke Ober said...

Love all these shoes! I've always been a little skeptical of the oxford trend, but seeing them on you, I may have to give it a try!

Brooke
convenientstyle.blogspot.com

 
At October 22, 2014 at 5:40 PM , Anonymous Happiness at Mid Life said...

Love all your shoes! I have a pair similar oxfords and I do love mine. I have been on a hunt for a pair of silver ones.

Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

P.S. Hope you will stop by and join TBT Fashion link up this Thursday.

 
At October 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Chioma said...

love the bag in your first look! :)

Chioma
C's Evolution of Style

 
At October 23, 2014 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Suzi said...

I have to admit shoes are my weakness!! I love shoes and am always looking for new ones. Every time I see you guys you always have the cutes shoes!

 
At October 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Brooke Anderson said...

Just when I thought I had satisfied all of my fall shoe cravings! Love the oxfords and how you styled them, the simple white sweater is perfection!

Brooke
www.pumpsandpushups.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home