Thursday, October 23, 2014

Mexican Getaway with Sea Side Reservations

Posted by Devin

Last weekend Tara and I had the opportunity to go with our hubby's to one of my favorite places, Puerto Penasco, Mexico, for a couples' weekend. Tara and Seth AND Jake and I had been having some stressful weeks lately so this mini-vacation could not have come at a better time. Can you tell by the picture above that we were a little excited? ;)


As soon as we got to Bella Sirena Resort we were instantly taken with the gorgeous view from our condo. I mean, come on, can you believe this view?!! I don't think I could ever get tired of gazing off this balcony. This crystal clear turquoise water, the blue sky, the well-manicured lush grounds and beautiful buildings on the property... Everything was perfect.


Our stay at Bella Sirena was booked through Sea Side Reservations and everything from check-in to check-out was easy and smooth. Paulina, who we booked with, was so pleasant and sweet! I hope I have the opportunity to work with her again. Our 2-bedroom condo was lovely, well-stocked, and super roomy for the four of us; but I have to admit we didn't spend a lot of time in it. The outdoors were simply calling our names!

The grounds at Bella Sirena compete with any tropical vacation resort, in my opinion. You feel like you are strolling through paradise! Oh man, I want to go back already.

And Sandy Beach, where Bella Sirena is located, is just my favorite. The water is the perfect temperature for ocean swimming. It's not frigid and freezing like the water at many beaches. You feel just right when you are out for a swim, it's simply refreshing. And every time I relax on this beach I have the perfect combination of warm sun and cool breeze. Ahhhh... I can feel it now. Sandy Beach also has an amazing tide that exposes super cool tidal pools when the tide is out. Whenever we bring our boys, they have SO much fun exploring the tidal pools and all of the interesting creatures they find in them.

Besides the beautiful resorts and perfect beaches, the other thing that always brings us back to Puerto Penasco is the food. We basically end up wanting to eat about 20 times a day because the food is just SO GOOD. The pictures above are from our favorite taco shop, Combo Taco. Jake and I always get the shrimp tacos and the yellow pepper fish tacos. It has me drooling just thinking about it! And Tara was loving the freshly made Horchata. I tried it and although Horchata is not usually my thing, I thought this Horchata was delicious! You can find Combo Taco a half a block East of the main drag on the road that leads to Las Conchas.

We also have a local bakery that is a favorite stop. This gentleman is always here making his delicious breads and pastries in this tiny little shop at a hard to find location. If you want to try to find it, look for La Iglesia de La Luz del Mundo on the first paved road West of the railroad tracks (the road is called Luis Encinas). His panaderia is one block directly East of the church. Look for the sign I pictured above and then walk back and to the left to find the entrance. Pastries are warm and ready at about 11:30am every day. Like I said, it's hard to find but totally worth the effort if you successfully find it!

A few more foods you won't want to miss: the mangoes on a stick on the beach (get the lime and chili but skip the red sauce), the block of shredded coconut candy vendors on the beach sell (I never saw the women who sell it on this trip, wah!), and Pollas Lucas on the main drag. The Best. Chicken. Ever. And if you want a dinner with an amazing view, hit up La Capitan by the lighthouse above Old Port. Go at sunset and you won't be disappointed.


A big thank you to Sea Side Reservations! We had an absolutely wonderful trip and can not wait to go back!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home