Friday, October 10, 2014

Meet This Mormon

Posted by Tara & Devin

Pinable Image
We belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints otherwise known as "The Mormons". We are proud of this part of who we are! We are excited to team up with over 65+ of us strong... to extend an invitation to see a film. A film entitled "Meet The Mormons". This film is not meant to be an "in your face" - you must join our church film. It is simply designed and produced to uplift and inspire you through six stories of those of our faith who have followed promptings to follow Christ more fully in their lives. We hope you take the opportunity to enjoy this film. We hope your hearts are made light as you feel the goodness that comes from following our Christ and Savior. All proceeds from the film will be donated to The American Red Cross. So not only will you be uplifted and inspired, your money will be going to an amazing charity!!


We also would like to take a moment and share our personal testimonies, stories of our own personal conversions, and our own stories of how following our Savior, Jesus Christ has changed our lives. The light of the gospel of Jesus Christ offers a joy and hope that only following him can provide. We hope as you click through and read our stories and testimonies of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, you will feel uplifted and encouraged. We are by you! We love connecting with our readers, that is why many of us do what we do! Please be kind and considerate in your comments. It takes great bravery for us to open our hearts and our mouths to share with you such a tender and personal part of who we are. We share because we feel strongly the need to share the peace and the hope that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


Anita | Live Like You Are Rich, Landee | Landee Lu , Tara & Devin | Salt & Pepper Moms , Mallory & Savannah | Classy Clutter Kelli & Kristi| Lolly Jane
McKenzie | Girl Loves Glam , Pam & Lisa | Over The Big Moon , Melanie | Forty Eighteen , Sky | Capital B Adell | Baked in Arizona 


Andie | Maybe I Will , Shatzi | Love and Laundry , Robyn | Create it Go , Rachel | R & R Workshop
Tiffany | Feel Great In 8 , Katelyn | What Up Fagens? , Brittany | BrittanyBullen , Ginger | Ginger Snap Crafts , Stephanie | Crafting In The Rain
Chelsey | Cee Me Be , Amber | Crazy Little Projects , Kallie | Smitten By, Elyse, Kristen, Lauren, Steph, Kendra & Camille | Six Sisters Stuff Annette | Tips From A Typical Mom
Kierste | Simply Kierste , Tayler | The Morrell Tale, Jennifer | My Daylights , Cambria | Live To Be Inspired, Danielle | Today's The Best Day 

I'm a Mormon #3
Nat & Holly | My Sister's Suitcase, Britni| Play.Party.Pin , Montserrat | Cranial Hiccups , Heidi | A Lively Hope , Ashley & Meegan | Flats to Flip Flops

Tara:

I grew up a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. As I became a teenager, I struggled at school and at home. I really enjoyed church and my friends there, but living in a small town with hardly any members your age made it really tough. I had hardly any friends with good standards. After I graduated high school, I decided to make my own choices and chose to not go to church for a while. It was easy. Ultimately my life began to crumble. It felt dark with no direction. I remember heading home one night late. The weather was bad and I could barely see out of my window. I pulled over. I was so scared and felt lost. I remember getting a strong feeling while sitting there. A prompting that told me, this is my life. If I pray and do the things that I should, I will return home. I knew then that I needed to start going back to church and being more active in the gospel. I knew I needed that LIGHT in my life. It was what I was missing.

Now being a mother of 5 kids and a wife for 11 years, I look back at that experience and know that I needed that scary experience to put me back on the right path. I have such a strong testimony that I know my Heavenly Father loves me and knows of my weaknesses. He loves all of us regardless of our faults. I know the Book of Mormon to be true. When I read it all the way through for the first time I remember feeling such joy in my heart. I know that as we live and follow God's plan we will be blessed. I'm grateful for this opportunity to share my testimony with you and hope that you will share yours today with someone you love!

Devin: 

I am a convert to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I grew up with a knowledge of the Bible and my mother instilled a love of Christ in my heart that I will forever be grateful for. When I was a teenager, two of my very best girlfriends were members of the church and I enjoyed attending church activities and family activities in their homes centered around the gospel. I even began dating a boy (my now husband, Jake) who was a member and found myself more and more interested in the teachings of the church. The idea of a restored gospel with priesthood authority was a revelation to me. To know that a prophet was leading the church under the direction of Heavenly Father was such a comfort. As a child, one of my favorite pastors in our family church was dismissed from his position due to a conflict of ideas between him and the family who ran and organized our little church. I realized that the teachings I was receiving depended upon the feelings of one family. I wanted to know that the teachings I followed were in accordance with Heavenly Father's plan. After reading the Book of Mormon and turning to my Heavenly Father in prayer, I realized the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints did not come from one family or one man's opinion of the gospel. They come directly from my Heavenly Father.

I was baptized in May of 2000 at the age of 19 and sealed to Jake in the Mesa Arizona Temple in 2001. Since my baptism, my testimony of this gospel has grown and grown. One of my very favorite scriptures from the Book of Mormon comes from Alma 32:30 where the gospel is compared to a seed. We are told that if we plant the seed in our hearts and experiment we will see that "as the seed swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, then you must needs say that the seed is good... And now, behold, will not this strengthen your faith? Yea, it will strengthen your faith: for ye will say I know that this is a good seed." I have tested this principle many times with the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When I follow the teachings and plant them in my heart, I always find that they are true and gain a deeper testimony of those principles. I am so very grateful to have found the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for a husband who holds the priesthood and leads and guides our family in accordance with our Heavenly Father's will. I am blessed beyond measure to have my sweet family and to be able to raise them in this gospel. And I am thankful for this opportunity to share my testimony, I hope it may have touched your heart!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 10, 2014 at 6:51 PM , Blogger McKenzie @ Girl Loves Glam said...

Thank you cute girls for sharing your testimonies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home