Thursday, October 16, 2014

Chic-a-Peas

Posted by Tara


Have you ever heard of Chic-a-Peas? I hadn't till a couple of weeks ago. Chic-a-Peas are baked chickpeas that are made with pure and simple ingredients. You can add crunch to the tops of salad, or in your sandwich or just eat them straight out of the bag.

Here is how they got started:
When entrepreneurs David Levi and Darren Shlisky reheated leftovers a few years ago, they had no idea that one small cooking misstep would result in a different career path for both of them. Levi and Shlisky, both lifelong fans of Mediterranean food, had some leftover chickpeas from a dinner out the night before, and they accidently left them in the oven a smidge too long. The result was a crunchy (albeit slightly burned) and very tasty chickpea—and after a year of refining and perfecting the recipe, Chic-a-peas was born as a new snack foods company in 2013.“We love food and we love being healthy. It’s really that simple. We’ve always questioned the ingredients in ‘healthy snacks’ that contain a bunch of ingredients that are hard to pronounce. Ultimately that’s why we created this truly delicious and healthy snack,” said Levi.



Chic-a-peas come in two flavors, Sea Salt and Falafel. Sold in 3 oz., resealable pouches, the Sea Salt flavor is made from simply chickpeas, a touch of oil and sea salt. Falafel flavored Chic-a-peas contain chickpeas, a dash of oil, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and other spices. 



Chic-a-peas are high in fiber and protein, containing 5 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein per 110 calorie serving.

I decided to top my salad for lunch with some Chic-a-peas and I loved the crunch and the flavor it added. What a great option for replacing croutons and cutting those calories.


If I had to choose flavors, my favorite was the Flalafel. It was delish on my salad and I even caught myself eating handfuls throughout the day. While working on my computer or cleaning up my kitchen. I love that a little bit goes a long way, I feel full with a handful or two.


Today we thought we would share some Chic-a-Peas with one of our followers! Comment below, and we will choose 1 lucky winner to receive a bag of each flavor pictured above to try out! Giveaway ends Friday, October 24th, 2014. Good Luck!



Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 17, 2014 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Megan said...

Those sound delicious!

 
At October 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM , Blogger wtiger9 said...

Mmmm, I love chickpeas. The falafel sounds wonderful. I've never thought to put them on salad before. I usually do almonds.

 
At October 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM , Anonymous Katherine Streetman said...

I'd love to win a healthy snack!

 
At October 17, 2014 at 1:40 PM , Blogger sarah said...

What a great snack 😀

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home