Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Polka Dot Skirt and Denim

Posted by Devin


Well what can I say about this outfit? I love it. I have been obsessing over a particular skirt from Shabby Apple and the way they styled it in their on-line catalog for the past month or so. However, I couldn't seem to find the $95 in my budget to purchase said skirt, so I needed to look for a more affordable option. This is what I came up with to copy that look. By the way, kudos to you if you already recognize my copy-cat job!


I found this skirt on eBay. Yes, eBay. I really, really wanted that Shabby Apple skirt but there was just no way I was going to pay that kind of money for it. So I thought I would just check eBay to see if maybe, possibly the stars had aligned and someone out there had bought the skirt in just my size and then miraculously decided they didn't want it after all and instead of returning it they would just sell it at a fraction of the price on eBay. Well to my great surprise, this plan didn't pan-out. However, luck was not entirely against me as I found this skirt instead! And it was only $18 with free shipping. Heck yeah!


This skirt is awesome. It is super full and flowy and just beautiful. My husband says that he actually likes it better than the Shabby Apple skirt! And you know what? I think I might too!


So since I was copying the catalog look, I of course paired my skirt with a denim button-down top and a large floppy hat. I love this laid-back, picnic by the lake look so so much! And yes, I was having a laid-back, picnic by the lake when these photos were snapped. ;)


For this look I wore strappy sandals, but this skirt can be dressed-up easily for more formal and fancy occasions. I love it's versatility.


Needless to say, I am super pleased with my budget-friendly version of a much more expensive look. I am so excited to wear this skirt many times and am glad I no longer have to drool from afar over my $95 obsession.

What I Wore:
Polka Dot Skirt - eBay
Denim Shirt - Max Azria
Sandals - Ross
Hat - California Boutique
Cuff - JC Penney

20 comments:

Jessica Jannenga said...

Love it! I am getting more and more fond of polka dots! You look great with the long skirt and the denim top, the hat adds a great touch!
from the link up
please stop by, jess
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

Madaline said...

This skirt looks amazing on you. I absolutely love really feminine skirts paired with chambray. It's makes it insta-wearable.

Madaline said...

This skirt looks amazing on you. I absolutely love really feminine skirts paired with chambray. It's makes it insta-wearable.

J @ Bless Her Heart Y'all said...

This is such a cute outfit! it's a perfect transitional look! LOVE the skirt! :)

Shelly @ Behind Blue Eyes said...

Well I love anything polka dots and denim so this whole outfit is pretty much a win in my book! Love the skirt!

Victoria Mason said...

Wow! That is a great find! I love when that happens!!

Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!

L,
Vicky
TheMummyChronicles.com

Beata B said...

I love the polka dots skirt ! You look amazing :)

http://www.fashionadventuresatanyage.com

Sandy a la Mode said...

such a beautiful looK! can't go wrong w/ polka dots! AND i love your blog design!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Darcy said...

Gorgeous! I love when I am able to find pieces I am lusting after on eBay!! Stopping by from Shanna's link up :).
www.amemoryofus.com

Becky M said...

Oh I adore this look! Pretty sure I need this skirt in my life!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

Chioma said...

that skirt is so fabulous! love how you styled it too :)

C's Evolution of Style

Lorna mai ltd said...

Well done for grabbing a bargain! Love the huge polka dots and the skirt looks fab with the chambray shirt.

Marie said...

Love that skirt, what an amazing find.
Marie @ In Our Happy Place

Dawn Lucy said...

Wow! Super adorable! A great bargain too!
OXOX
Dawn Lucy
http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

Tamara said...

I totally recognized it! I love that skirt :).

Tamara
www.trulytamara.com

Lindz said...

What a fabulous outfit! I adore that skirt. I just love that you found it on ebay... what a great find. I really love some of the deals you can find on ebay, it's great!

On another note, you should take a look at the Style Confession Link-up, over on my blog http://sequinsandstyle.com/week-10-linkup/ It's a great way to meet and build relationships with other bloggers, as well discovering new blogs. :)

-xoxo
Lindsay
www.SequinsandStyle.com

Andrea Whitt said...

That skirt is gorgeous! Love how it flows! xo Andrea

Boho Bunnie

Chelsey Patti said...

haha! I totally recognized this look from Shabby Apple because I too fell in love with it! I had to come check out your recreation! Great job with the skirt! $18 bucks!!! Yowzers!
-Chelsey
-http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

Love that skirt!! So adorable. And that is awesome that you found it for such a great deal!

Nikki
thefashionablewife.com

Mary Byrd said...

In love with this skirt and the way you styled it!

Mary
http://curlybyrdiechirps.blogspot.com