Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Kickin' It Clothes

Posted by Devin


Do you ever struggle between wanting to look fashionable and wanting to just throw on an old t-shirt and your favorite pair of comfy, old, ratty shorts? I do! And let's be honest, a lot of times that t-shirt and ratty pair of shorts wins out. But I usually try my best to find a way to look good AND feel good. And this outfit fits the bill!


These denim skinnies from Target are my go-to jeans lately. They're just a standard pair of blue jeans that look good with most tops and have a comfortable fit. A solid pair of jeans is a must for a kickin' it outfit.


Next, I need a comfortable top. I love this super lightweight and sheer top from H&M. I still get to wear my favorite plain, white tee, but then by simply wearing this over it I add a lot more style to my ensemble.


And of course nothing says "I'm chill. I'm relaxed. I'm enjoying my vacation." like a fedora, am I right? I picked this little beauty up from Target and I love wearing it on days when I find myself outside for long periods of time.


Last but not least, you need the right accessories and shoes. Accessories are an easy way to add style to an outfit without sacrificing any comfort. This map necklace is one of my favorites and it has a very casual feel to it. Click here for my tutorial on how to make your own DIY Hometown Map Pendant Necklace. For shoes, it doesn't get any more comfortable than moccasins. And personally, I adore them. I recently grabbed this Sketchers pair from Ross and I know I'm gonna be living in them all season long.

And that completes my comfortable, yet fashionable outfit for today! What are your favorite things to wear when you're "kickin' it?"

What I Wore:
Skinnies - Target
Blouse - H&M
Fedora - Target
Moccasins - Sketchers
Necklace - Home-made

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy // Because Shanna Said So // Three-fer Thursday // More Pieces of Me // Rhea Et Cetera // Fizz and Frosting //

Labels:

12 Comments:

At September 16, 2014 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Becky M said...

I love your shoes and your cuffed jeans! So perfect for fall!!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

 
At September 17, 2014 at 2:17 AM , Blogger Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Tara, like you as a Fashion Blogger I often have that feeling of being put-together and stylish yet wanting to wear jeans and a t-shirt. You are kicking it and looking great at the same time. Love the window-pane blouse, the fedora and the moccasins. You look so cute in a hat and so cool that you made that map necklace.

I'd love for you to stop by and see how I am remixing my closet this month. Thanks a lot, Ada. =)


Happy Wednesday!!

 
At September 17, 2014 at 4:33 AM , Blogger Doused In Pink said...

Such a classic look! Love your top and fedora! Cute necklace - I'll have to check out your DIY!

Jill
dousedinpink.blogspot.com

 
At September 17, 2014 at 6:44 AM , Blogger Tammy Hiveley said...

So cute and oh so true! This look is great. Thanks for sharing! Xo Tammy
Http:// wildruffle.com

 
At September 17, 2014 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

Love your outfit. THe jeans look great on you and love the style of the hat. The shoes are a lovely cognac color, one of my favorite fall colors. You look great
from the link up

please drop by jess

http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

 
At September 17, 2014 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

This is definitely the perfect outfit for "kickin-it." You look great in hats and I love how laid back the whole vibe is!

 
At September 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Nicole Layne said...

This is a perfect laid back outfit! I often wear a similar outfit except my shirt is white. I really like your shirt!

Nicole
Nicole to the Nines

 
At September 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Bethany C said...

This is a perfect laid back, casual look! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday!
xo Bethany
www.perfectlycoutured.com

 
At September 22, 2014 at 4:46 PM , Anonymous Tamara said...

This is such a cute casual look! :)

Tamara
www.trulytamara.com

 
At September 23, 2014 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Tori said...

Ah love this look--those shoes are amazing and the cuff jeans are too cute :) Perfect for a relaxing weekend!

Tori
FashionBlingGirlyThings

 
At September 23, 2014 at 1:12 PM , Anonymous Dana said...

Love this look! The windowpane print is my favorite and I love the fedora with it!

Pink Champagne Problems

 
At September 24, 2014 at 10:50 AM , OpenID countrygirlcityfashion said...

This is such a cute, casual outfit! I love your blouse, and those shoes are adorable.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home