Monday, August 11, 2014

Tour Through Blogland with Us!

Posted by Tara and Devin


We recently received an email from one of our awesome blog friends, Adrienne of Dreambook Design. She asked if we wanted to do a Blogland Tour with her. What's a BlogLand Tour you ask? It's an opportunity for all our new followers or readers to get a feel for the type of blog we have. It also introduces you to a few of our blog friends- so here it goes!

Adrienne and I (Tara) met at Revive a year and a half ago! (Has it seriously been that long?) and we instantly clicked. I felt like I had been friends with her for years, and was smitten with her fun, cute personality. We have kept touch since then and always enjoy catching up at local blogging events.

Adrienne and her husband Jeremy have a blog called Dreambook Design. If you have not heard of it, you need to go check it out. These two are extremely talented at DIY, remodeling, designing and making their homes gorgeous. I am amazed at some of their before and after photos. It is incredible all the hard work they put into their houses and it shows!

Here are the questions:

What am I working on?

Tara: I currently have no projects going on at this time. School is about to start and I know once it does I will have more free time to myself during the day to get projects done. Ones that I would like to start this fall are re-doing my laundry room. This project will have amazing before and after photos. I plan on adding color and lots of storage. Can't wait to share with you all!

Devin: Right now I am finishing up a post about trying to be a better mother and the things I prioritize in my life to help me do so. First and foremost, I am a wife and mother, and Tara and I love to discuss these important roles on our blog. I also have some DIY projects that I am itching to get started on, including a cover for my ginormous AC unit outside and a new colorful door to my laundry/storage room. Time to bust out the power tools, stay tuned!

How does our work differ from others of its genres?

We think the thing that is the most unique about our blog is that it doesn't fit into any one genre at all. We cover many topics as we have many different interests. It's not too often that you find crafting/DIY moms who are also posting recipes, workout tips, and fashion inspiration all on the same blog. We have a wide variety of topics that we post about, but we feel that many women out there have similar interests and we usually have something for everyone!

Why do I write/create what I do?

Tara: I love creating things that I feel interest all stay-at-home moms. I am always looking for better ways to organize my home and life. I have a love for cooking, so when I share a recipe, I do it because its a part of my daily life. Nothing brings me more joy than knowing something that I wrote or created helped someone that really needed it!


Devin: I blog because I want to share the things I love with other people. If I create a fun new command center in my kitchen or know of an easy way to sew an adorable quilt for my kiddos, I want to share that and possibly inspire someone else to create something similar in their own homes! I love it when someone tells me they are going to try out one of my recipes or tutorials, it's the best! Plus I love writing and I am learning to love photography along the way.

How does your writing or creating process work?

Tara: I don't know if this is a blogger thing, but I work best under pressure. Not sure why that is, and wish that wasn't the case because it stresses me out! I'm always coming up with last minute crafts, or DIY projects the night before I post. I've definitely had my fair share of late night blogging.

Devin: Mostly I just blog about things I am already working on or wanting to start working on but need a little push to get started/finished. I usually begin each month with a list of ideas that I want to dig into and then as the month goes on I usually finish those projects and post about them. Sometimes, however, certain ones go by the wayside and I start new, unexpected posts depending on what is happening in my life at the time. I take pictures as I go along, edit everything, and then write the post up on the blog!

So that's us! Now we want to introduce to you some of our favorite blogging buddies! They inspire us weekly with their crafts, printables, and recipes!



I’m Jillian, the creator and author of Food Folks and Fun. I’m a teacher turned SAHM {Stay at Home Mom} who traded in lesson planning for cooking, baking, crafting, blogging, and raising my two amazing kiddos. My blog dapples in DIY projects & digital design, but it’s mostly dedicated to bringing restaurant-quality recipes to the home cook.

My name is Erin and I am the owner and designer behind Strawberry MommycakesI am a  mom to the two cutest kids ever, and the wife to the most patient and supportive man ever…okay, he’s pretty cute, too! I love what I do and I love my life! I mostly dabble in graphic design and paper crafts, but I also love painting, word art and crafting with my hands!



My name is Mandy.  I am a photographer, blogger, wife, mom to 2 awesome kiddos, a super-hero to some and a wanna-be-crafter.  I write for The Hankful House, a blog that I use to inspire moms and find my creative outlet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home