Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Beach Dreamin'

Posted by Devin


I have not had a chance to get to the beach this summer. In fact, I haven't been to the beach in almost a year! And it's killing me. The beach is my happy place. But the summer is my hubby's busiest time of year at work and that means we usually take our family vacations in the Fall or Spring. Maybe I'll get there soon?!!


In the mean time, I have been trying to channel "beachiness" with my wardrobe to cheer myself up. ;) For me that means bright and light colors, light-weight materials, casual and comfortable fits, and open-toed shoes. Not to mention wavy hair and soft make-up. Also a must.


This O'Neill shirt is, of course, super beachy as all their clothing is made for the "free-spirited beach girl" and they specialize in wetsuits and swimwear. Perfect! The "sun kissed" graphic with the lips makes me happy. And I love how super light and comfortable it is, plus the length is perfection. I will probably use it over my swimsuits as well since that it what it is really made for.


I paired my blouse with my favorite pair of light colored skinny jeans and my coral wedges. I gave my jeans a roll to add to the casual feel and grabbed my nude clutch as well. My two bracelets are a gift from my son, Connor, which he bought for me on our last trip to Mexico. Where we spent most of our time on the beach, by the way. ;) Love these bracelets and my Connor-man.


And now to talk about my earrings. My friend Kelsey from Fancy That Notion sells these on her Etsy shop and they are amazing. They are made from leather so they are flexible and soft and very comfortable to wear. Not to mention they are so light for their large size. I chose a buttery tan pair that are dipped in gold to give them a shimmer. And I love the fringe effect on the edges. It gives them the look of a feather and right now I am all about feathers. Make sure to check out Kesley's shop and receive 10% off with code: saltandpepper .


Thanks so much for stopping by to see this week's What I Wore! Have a fabulous week everyone!


What I Wore:
Pants - Target
Coral Wedges - JC Penney
Nude Clutch - Fresh Picks
Earrings - Fancy That Notion
Bracelets - Gift
Necklace - H&M

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy // Style Elixir // Because Shanna Said So // More Pieces of Me // Fizz and Frosting // DC in Style // Still Being Molly // Rhea Et Cetera //

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At August 6, 2014 at 12:15 AM , Blogger KelBel said...

I love going to the beach! The wavy hair really is a must for summer.

XO/Kelly @ Our Cone Zone

 
At August 6, 2014 at 4:05 AM , Blogger Whitney and Blaire said...

I hope you get to go to the beach soon, and definitely take that top with you! So cute! Those earrings are gorgeous!
xo, Whitney and Blaire
Peaches In A Pod

 
At August 6, 2014 at 5:16 AM , Blogger Victoria Mason said...

First, your hair is beautiful and it is so beachy! :) I love the light washed denim with that shirt and shoes too! Such a fun look!

L,
Vicky
Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!
TheMummyChronicles.com

 
At August 6, 2014 at 5:19 AM , Blogger Elegance and Mommyhood said...

You look beautiful and wow your hair!! I am in love with that tee. Such a perfect Summer look you got here.

Welcome by to see my latest. Thanks, Ada. =)

Happy Hump Day!!

 
At August 6, 2014 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

Hi!
I know what you mean about the beach! We were supposed to go in July, then my health has been bad, so now it is 2 weeks away, going to Charelston. You will get there. I love the top and your jeans look great. Really neat earrings!
from the link up
please stop by, jess
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

 
At August 6, 2014 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Kenzie @ Life According to Kenz said...

In love with this look! Sidenote: you have AMAZING hair, girl! xoxo

 
At August 6, 2014 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Logan Cantrell said...

I love your top! You look great.

xoxo
logancan.com

 
At August 6, 2014 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Fancy That Notion said...

You look amazing devin! Man, the beach is totally my happy place too:) and I love how you paired the earrings with this outfit! Thanks for sharing!!!

 
At August 6, 2014 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Nicole Layne said...

I haven't been to the beach yet this summer either. I love those earrings! They are so pretty!

Nicole
Nicole to the Nines

 
At August 6, 2014 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Lorna mai ltd said...

This is a stylish casual look, I like the graphic top, it works well with jeans. You look great,.

 
At August 7, 2014 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Brooke G said...

Great look! You really have some beautiful hair! Have a great weekend!

Brooke
onprairiehill.blogspot.com

 
At August 11, 2014 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Your hair is so perfectly wavy, jealous!
Marie @ In Our Happy Place

 
At August 11, 2014 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Tiffany Opp said...

Definitely a cute beach-y look! Love the shirt and wedges, and those earrings are awesome, I'll definitely be checking them out!
I love the beach too, it would be so hard to not be able to go for a year. Good luck in getting there soon!
Tiffany
www.stylestealsandstilettos.com

 
At August 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM , Blogger SimplyxClassic said...

cute a cute and perfect social beachy look! love it!
xoxo,miriam
www.simplyxclassic.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home