Sunday, June 8, 2014

Fried Pizza Dough Dessert

Posted by Tara

In our home, I plan all of our meals out for the week. Sometimes things come up and we don't get to a meal that I purchased food for. This past week I bought everything I needed to make homemade pizza for one of our meals. I didn't want the store bought dough to go bad, but I didn't feel like making pizza either. So instead I decided to make a fun dessert with the kids! 

Here is what you'll need: oil, pizza dough, sugar, cinnamon, butter, chocolate chips (optional)

I love that this requires so few ingredients and everything is already in my pantry on a weekly basis.


I first got my dough out and laid it on parchment or wax paper. I unrolled the dough and began pulling pieces off and rolling them into tiny balls. Kids can help with this step! Also make sure you keep the balls small. The larger they are, the harder it is to get them cooked all the way through. Don't worry about them being small, they grow in size while frying.


After I made all my balls, I began heating my oil in a large, deep skillet. While my oil is heating up, I get my cinnamon and sugar ready. I used 1 cup of sugar to 1 tsp of cinnamon. Stir until completely incorporated.


After I fry the balls till they are golden brown and cooked all the way through, I let them drip on a plate of paper towels to soak up the oil. 


While they are still warm, melt a stick of butter and roll the fried dough in the butter and then in the cinnamon and sugar. 


I like mine REALLY coated with sugar! This step was a little messy with my kids, but fun and delicious! I heated up some chocolate chips to dip on the side. You could also use nutella, because.. well nutella tastes good with everything! My kids DEVOURED these, as did I. Hope you liked my easy, quick and fun dessert! Be sure to pin this to try out later!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 10, 2014 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Jessica Dimas said...

Um, YES PLEASE!! Those are my favorite desserts when we go out to that NYPD pizza place. I need to try these!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home