Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Touch of Cream Outfit

Posted by Tara


I am starting to love everything vintage; from home decor to now clothing. I was recently given some clothing from my Great-Grandmother and I was so excited to wear them! Today I am showing one of the pieces I received from her.


This blouse is lovely. It's sheer and has a lot of great detail. I love the color cream and adding it to an outfit because I always feel like it pops! I paired her top with my go-to boyfriend jeans and wedges. 


I decided with the pleats on the front, I wanted a simple necklace. I added my ombre necklace I got from Charming Charlie. 


I also added a clutch and sunnies. This nude clutch can go with any outfit, but I love what it added to this one. And everyone needs a good pair of aviators. I get mine from H&M. They always fit my face perfectly and are cheap!


This blouse adds the perfect amount of brightness to this outfit.


Vintage clothes are fun and also a great reminder of our ancestors or family members. Every time I wear mine I think of my Grandmother. I encourage you to wear any hand me downs you may have received or go out and hit Goodwill and find some treasures to wear! Also if you need tips on How to Make Vintage Clothes Current be sure to check out Brassy Apple today for my tips!

Linking up with: Plane Pretty, Manic Monday, Mix It Monday, Trend Spin, Stylelixir, The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So,  Fashion Informant, Tres Chic Thursday, Three-fer Thursday,

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At June 30, 2014 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Lauren {Fizz and Frosting} said...

This blouse is so pretty! I love that clutch too!

 
At June 30, 2014 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Rhea D said...

that's an adorable blouse and it looks so comfy, too! i'm with you with owning vintage pieces... i don't have any vintage clothing from my grandmother, but i have plate settings my grandparents received as a gift from their wedding and i love it! i feel like it's symbolic of how our family started :)


i started a link up and would love to invite you to link up as well.... happy monday!

rhea @ rheaetcetera.com
Rhea, Et Cetera - Style to Inspire

 
At June 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Lindsey A. Turner said...

you are so lucky to have some of your grandmother's clothes! I like to shop for vintage clothes at thrift stores but they are so much more special when them come from family!

Lindsey
Thrift and Shout

 
At July 1, 2014 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

That is so neat about your grandma's clothes. The blouse looks lovely on you, and I am really liking the design of the clutch.
From the link up,
Please Stop By , jess
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

 
At July 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM , Blogger J. Elle said...

Beautiful blouse and I love how you styled it for a more modern edge. Really great look!

Jennie
http://www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com/

 
At July 1, 2014 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Lorna mai ltd said...

You must have had a very stylish grandmother. I love the blouse with the jeans. I like the way its more of a cream than white! Gorgeous sandals too!

 
At July 1, 2014 at 9:39 PM , Blogger jacque m said...

I love your blouse and necklace. So pretty!

jacque
looksforlovelies.com

 
At July 2, 2014 at 2:35 AM , Anonymous Shannon said...

I am obsessed wit every single piece of this outfit. The bag, the shoes, the jeans and the shirts! its just flawless x

 
At July 2, 2014 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Nicole Layne said...

That top is so pretty. I love the pleating detail on the front!

Nicole
Nicole to the Nines

 
At July 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Carylee said...

Neutrals are the best, and the details of this outfit are so beautiful! Great look! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

 
At July 6, 2014 at 6:43 PM , Blogger The Real Arnolds said...

Such a great look! It just goes to show that a classic cream blouse will never go out of style. Love how you paired it with the boyfriend jeans and fun accessories. Love that clutch! Stopping by from the link up.

xo, Amy Ann
The Real Arnolds

 
At August 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Jessi said...

That blouse is amazing!! So classic and perfect with anything. I got a ton of stuff from my great grandma when she passed away last year and I treasure it so much! Your necklace is so fun too, I love this look!
Jessi
www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home