Friday, June 13, 2014

8 Summer Drinks

Posted by Tara

One thing I get excited about in the summer is all of the fruity drinks! I am always down for trying out new punch or drink recipes and today I thought I would share some favorites! You will see a trend of lemonades and fruity drinks, plus some mouth-watering shakes! I'm already getting thirsty just talking about these... let me get started!

When I think of summer I think of coconuts and pineapples. Pina Coladas are one of my favorite drinks! It's tropical and makes you feel like you should be sipping it on a beach somewhere. Six Sisters' Stuff shares this great, easy recipe on a Pina Colada Smoothie. I seriously drool looking at this!


You can't go wrong in the summer with slushies! Kate from Our Best Bites shares this Banana Slush Punch. This cool, sweet, summer treat is easy to make with minimal ingredients. Slushies are a must, so why not make it at home? You have got to try this one this summer!


You simply must have lemonade at least once during the summer, am I right? At least in my house you do... Lately when I go to the grocery store I am overcome with the scent of the fresh peaches! This Peach Lemonade from Jillian at Food Folks and Fun is refreshing and sweet. You can't go wrong combining peaches and lemons. :) This yummy drink is a definite crowd pleaser!

Well, I am going to step off the path of "fruity" drinks for a minute to introduce you to my other love.... CHOCOLATE. In the summer, chocolate shakes are perfect. It's an "after the kids go to bed" drink for me! This Chocolate Shake from Have a Yummy Day is fast and easy to make. Is it bed time yet? I'm ready for one now!


Rebecca from The Crafted Sparrow shares her recipe for Lemon Coconut Italian Soda. Now, if you haven't tried Italian sodas, they are delicious. My husband and I used to frequent a restaurant where they served them and I would always fill up on the soda before the food. lol This drink will definitely keep you satisfied this summer!


Next is a drink I shared last summer. It's my Cucumber Limeade. A lot of people hear cucumber and get put off by it, but it works really well in this drink. This drink is something you would want to sip on while relaxing in the spa, but since there is no spa around here I make it when I'm hot and need a refreshing drink!


During the summer I feel like I hit the mall more often than usual. Every time I am there, I have to get an Orange Julius. This Orange Julius Copycat recipe from The Recipe Critic will be much needed this summer for those cravings after my mall trips. If you like Orange Julius, this recipe tastes as close as you can get to the real thing!


Watermelon. Need I say more? Any drink that is mixed with watermelon has me SOLD. This Watermelon Raspberry Lemonade from Gourmande in the Kitchen looks delicious! This simple recipe is also healthy. EVEN better! Got to give this a try!


Thanks for much for checking out some of my picks for refreshing drinks this summer! Be sure to pin this and check out all of those featured! 

Linking up with: Practically Functional, Just Us Four,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home