Sunday, June 1, 2014

3 Ways to Wear Yellow Pants

Posted by Tara



One of my favorite colors to wear in the summer is YELLOW. It's bright and cheery and matches all this sunshine here in AZ. When I first got them I felt like I was limited to only certain tops that would go with them. The more I have gotten into fashion though, the more I pair all of my tops with my colored skinnies. Today I am sharing a few ways I like to wear my yellow pants!


Often times I like to wear a top with a print or a pattern. I don't always want to look like I'm just wearing two blocks of color, instead I like to break it up with something busy. This top from White House Back Market adds the perfect amount of "busy-ness" to the outfit. Also, black and white goes with everything! 


My light blue top pairs really well with the yellow. I love any type of blue with yellow. This top is NOT a chambray top but if you have one, it would look fabulous with it also. Chambray + Yellow = Awesome.


Out of all three outfits, I think this one with the navy blue blouse is my favorite. I layered another tee underneath it to add a pop of green on my neckline. I usually wear a belt with this blouse, but really felt like it didn't need it for this outfit. And the wedges added a "Girls Night Out" feel that I love!


I hope these different ways to wear yellow pants were helpful and hopefully you will feel more confident wearing a pair of your own! If you don't have a pair, I buy all my colored pants from H&M. I love the feel of the fabric, the cut of the pants, and you can't beat the price!

What I Wore:

(First Outfit)
Striped Top: White House Black Market
Shoes: Cents of Style
Clutch: Goodwill

(Second Outfit)
Top: H&M
Sandals: Target
Necklace: The Crafted Sparrow
Clutch: Goodwill

(Third Outfit)
Blouse: H&M
Tee: Target
Necklace: Forever 21
Wedges: Target
Earrings: Fresh Picks
PANTS: H&M

Linking up with: Plane Pretty // DC Style // Little Miss // Manic Monday // Mix It Monday // Join the Gossip // Stylelixir // Trend Spin // Because Shanna Said So // The Pleated Poppy // Three-fer Thursday // Fashion Informant // Tres-Chic Thursday 

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At June 2, 2014 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Great post and 3 great, basic, casual yet totally cute outfits. Love them all. I like it very much with the striped boat-neck sweater but I think my favorite look is with the denim tee and cognac wedges. Now I want yellow cropped pants. Thanks for inspiring me. I pinned this.

I'd love for you to stop by and check my latest. Thanks, Ada.

 
At June 4, 2014 at 3:47 AM , Blogger Becky Goerend said...

Great combos. I agree blue + yellow just goes! Visiting from WIWW!

Becky
@bybmg
bybmg.blogspot.com

 
At June 4, 2014 at 4:48 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

I agree...yellow is a must for summer (but sadly I don't have any yellow pants...ahhh!!) I really like all 3 ways. Those tans wedges are fantastic!

 
At June 4, 2014 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

I love posts like this! I actually have a really similar pair of yellow pants that I love - thanks for the fun inspiration on how to wear them!

 
At June 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

All three ways look great! I'm partial to the nautical look, so of course the first with the black and white striped top is my favorite!

 
At June 5, 2014 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

I love all 3 looks, especially like the striped top, but your yellow pants are so springy.love em
from the link up

please stop by, jess

http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

 
At June 5, 2014 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Lorna mai ltd said...

I love yellow in the Summer. I have a yellow skirt but not a pair of yellow trousers. I like all 3 looks. Yellow and blue go well together. Love the wedges!

 
At June 11, 2014 at 7:40 AM , Blogger eliz said...

Currently I am obsessed with my yellow pants...so great post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home