Friday, May 30, 2014

Easy Summer Desserts

Posted by Tara


Hello! Summer is here, kids are out of school, and vacations are starting! If you live here in AZ, you try to do everything you can to survive this insane HEAT. Today I am sharing some fun, yummy, easy, and COOL desserts to try out this summer!

When I think of summer desserts, I think of berry desserts and s'mores and cool treats. Here are a few of my favorites!

Want the kids to participate in preparing a fun dessert? My friend Mandy over at The Hankful House shares this really easy No Bake Sand Cake! Not only does it look cute, but it tastes good too! You only need a handful of ingredients and with the help of the kiddos this will be a quick, FUN dessert!


Need a treat to cool you down? Kim at A Night Owl Blog shares a recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles These sweet treats are easy to make and are sure to please the kids on a hot day. Not a fan of strawberries? Well she has shared tons of other recipes for popsicles as well. Such as Coke Float Popsicles and Orange Julius Popsicles


Heading out to go camping in the high country? Here is a recipe you need to take with you. Rebecca from The Crafted Sparrow shares this really easy recipe for Samoa S'mores. These look SOOO good!! You are probably thinking that Girl Scout Cookies are gone, but Walmart and other stores carry a cookie that looks and tastes just like them! These will probably be made way too often this summer in our house!


This dessert would be great for having family or friends over or just for an evening with you and your hubs! Katie at Sweet Rose Studio shares her recipe for Mini Strawberry Shortcake. These are little, the perfect size for a single serving. I always feel that nothing pairs better with strawberries than white chocolate and cool whip! 


In Summer, ice cream is a MUST have. Why not make your own this summer? Darcie at Such the Spot shares a recipe for Butterscotch Ice Cream with Buttered Pecans. Everything about this ice cream looks fabulous! She shows how to make the ice cream as well as the buttered pecans. This is a sweet treat that will definitely keep you cool this summer!

Here is a chilled version of s'mores. Kara at Mine from the Making shares a quick recipe for Easy S'mores Parfaits. You can even have the kids help with this one! Any recipes that include Marshmallow Fluff and I'm SOLD! 


Ok, so when I saw this next recipe, I knew my kids would LOVE it! Jill from Food Folks and Fun shares her recipe for Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip. Not only does it look delicious but it's kid friendly too! Jill is an amazing cook (I've tasted her stuff and I know!) so I have no doubt that these treats taste as good as they look!!


Now I have shared ice cream and a few s'mores recipes, but I am missing something that is a staple in the summer... COBBLER! Rebecca again from The Crafted Sparrow shares one of my favorite desserts. Her Incredibly Easy Cherry Cobbler will have you drooling and you will have to make it! My family is a huge cherry fan, so I know this will get gobbled up. 


Thank you so much for checking out my round up of Summer Desserts! Be sure to check out all of these fabulous ladies blogs! They have so many more recipes and crafts that can be done this summer! 

Linking up with: Linky Party Palooza, Practically Functional, Pinterest Link Up Party

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

I love this round up, pinning! Thanks for sharing my dip! :)

 
At June 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM , Blogger Sarah Vanderkooy said...

These all sounds delicious, especially on a hot summer day. Thanks for sharing at our Pinterest Link party, I'll be featuring this tomorrow, hope to see you there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home