Friday, May 2, 2014

Picture Pendant for Mother's Day


Posted by Tara


A few years ago for Mother's Day I was trying to make something to the Mom's in my life that was cute and within a decent budget. Devin showed me how to do this project and I thought it was brilliant! What "Grandma" wouldn't love wearing a necklace with all her grand kids on it?! This is super easy and you can insert any photos you would like.

Here is what you'll need:
Pendant with window ($3.99)
Chain ($3.99)
Picture
Scissors
Card stock or Photo Paper

When choosing a pendant I wanted to make sure I found one with enough space for my picture. There are lots of different sizes and shapes, but I really like the big square or oval ones.


Picking out a chain can be a little tricky. You want the chain to match the pendants finish. Also be sure to grab the length that you think your "Mom" will most feel comfortable in.


Once you get home with all your supplies, pick a picture that you want to use. Since I have 5 kids, I used a picture that they are all sitting really close together. (This picture is an older one, but one of my favorites.)


You first want to upload your picture into word. This way you can down size it to the right size for the pendant. 


You will want to drag the corners of the photo together to make it smaller. Then print on nice card stock photo paper. 


Once printed you will want to cut the photo out and simply slide it between the glass in the necklace. I cut another square from the card stock and glued my picture to it. 


This will definitely brighten the face of any Mom on Mother's Day. It's a quick project that any one can do on a tight budget!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home