Sunday, May 4, 2014

Memorial Day Fashion

Posted by Tara


I love our national holidays with Red, White and Blue. Navy blue is my favorite color and red pairs with it so well! Since Memorial Day is this month, I thought I would use some of those colors to inspire my outfit. When attending your holiday bbq's and get togethers, try grabbing something from your closet with those colors and being a bit more patriotic.

For my pop of red I wore my favorite tank top. I got it from Hello Apparel and it is sooooo comfy. I would wear it everyday if I could. I love throwing cute tops over it and even under it.


My navy blue I wore a polka dot button up from H&M. It's a really light fabric, so I can sport this even in the Arizona heat. In my opinion you can never go wrong with adding polka dots to an outfit.  :)


Today I had a good looking photographer taking my photos. Love him and how he is always willing to help me with my blog posts! I'm a lucky girl. Okay... back to the fashion!


White pants are always fun to wear. With 5 kids I wear them not as often as I would like to, but love the presence they bring to an outfit. These Ralph Lauren wide leg pants are a soft fabric and add so much class to this outfit!


If you follow our blog, you are probably wondering why I look different. Well, this past week I lightened my hair. Yep... ALL of it. If you go back to previous fashion posts, my hair used to be really dark. Just thought it would be fun with summer approaching to go lighter for a while. What do you think? You like me better with dark or light hair? 

What I Wore
Button Up: H&M
Red tank: Hello Apparel
Pants: Ralph Lauren
Nude Wedge: Target
Gold Clutch: Goodwill ($7)
Bow Necklace: Forever 21

Linking up with: Plane Pretty // DC Style // Little Miss // Manic Monday // Mix It Monday // Join the Gossip // Trend Spin // Stylelixir // Because Shanna Said So // Pleated Poppy // Three-fer Thursday // All Things Pretty // Tres-Chic Thursday // Fashion Informant 





Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At May 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Alyssa said...

cute outfit. I always love white pants! (: found you from sunday style

 
At May 4, 2014 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Shea Coleman said...

Tara,

I think you look very patriotic in your red, white, and blue. It's one of my favorite trios!!

 
At May 5, 2014 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Lauren {Fizz and Frosting} said...

Very cute! I love the color combination, and your hair looks so fantastic in these photos!

 
At May 5, 2014 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Beata B said...

I love white pants :) you look gorgeous :)
Hugs Beata

 
At May 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Claire said...

As always you are looking great! Thanks for linking up with Little Miss Monday and God bless. ;)

Xo, Claire
http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

 
At May 5, 2014 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Christine Tj said...

That last pic is so cute. This looks like a KEDS ad. Cute post! :)

I want to invite you to enter my blog's #HopeForMoms Giveaway (total giveaway valued at $810!) All you have to do is write a #HopeForMoms status which will be shared with mom survivors of human trafficking through International Princess project. :D Check out more details at my blog!

God bless,
Christine
www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

 
At May 6, 2014 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Tammy Hiveley said...

I could do this look! I love it. sweet bow necklace..I might have to head over there and grab one soon. You look fab! ~Tammy

 
At May 7, 2014 at 4:24 AM , Blogger Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Tara you look awesome. Totally rocking the wide-legged white jeans. I love your wedges and Hello tee. I own an identical polka dot chambray too and love it.

I love your ladies' blog and have stopped by here before. Would love for you to stop by my blog. Welcome anytime. =)

Happy Wednesday, Ada. =)

 
At May 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Jessi said...

I like the idea of dressing in red white and blue on a day other than the 4th :) And your hair looks gorg!!
Visiting from the Trend Spin link-up :)

Jessi
www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

 
At May 9, 2014 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Carylee said...

This is such a perfect patriotic, but not costume-y outfit! Those pants fit you like a dream! Thank you for linking up! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home