Thursday, May 8, 2014

Double Braid Hair Band Tutorial

Posted by Devin


About a month ago I created this double braid hair band while doing my hair and ended up taking photos for a fashion shoot that day. I'm not sure how everyone felt about my outfit, but I had a fantastic response over my hair, lol! Due to popular demand for a tutorial on that hair style, I have created one to share with all of you today! Let's get started.

Step 1: Wash and blow dry your hair. You just need a "messy" dry (as you can see by my pic, very messy indeed).


Step 2: Part your hair on whichever side you normally part it on.


Step 3: Pull half of your hair up and pile it on top of your head in a little bun. Secure it with a clip.


Step 4: On the side of your hair that your part is on, take the front section of your hair and braid it as low as you can go. Secure it on the end with a bobby pin so it will stay while you are doing the other steps.


Step 5: Take the next section back and make another small braid. Secure the end with a bobby pin as well.


Step 6: With a small barrel curling iron, curl all of your hair that is loose and hanging down. I like to work my way from the back to the front.


Step 7: Take down one section of your hair from the top bun and secure the rest back up with the clip. I ended up taking my hair down in three sections: left, center back, and right.


Step 8: Curl the first of the top sections. Again, I worked from the back to the front.


Step 9: Take down the back section of hair and secure the rest up with the clip. Curl from the back to the front.


Step 10: Take down the last section of hair and once again curl from the back to the front.


Step 11: Spray everything with hairspray and run your fingers through all of your curls.


Step 12: Take the front braid and pull it up and through your hair. Make sure to leave some hair in front of the braid next to your face. Wrap the braid across the top of your head and secure it with one or two bobby pins underneath the bulk of your hair, close to the scalp on the other side.


Step 13: Take the second braid and again pull it up and through your hair. Leave some hair in between the two braids when you pull it through. As you wrap the braid across the top of your head, angle it over so that it meets the first braid where you secured it. Secure this braid with bobby pins as well. If you secure the braids close to the scalp, the bobby pins will hold better and also become hidden by the rest of your hair.


I added a little more hairspray to my hair and I was done! I really love adding braids to my hair lately, it adds such a fun and interesting touch to my normal hair styles. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you happen to give this a try and post any pitcures, tag me so I can see the end results! Love me a good hair picture. ;)



Linking Up With: Style Elixir // Tidy Mom // Just Us Four // Practically Functional // Link Party Palooza // Manic Monday // Little Miss Monday // Mix It Monday // DC in Style // Join the Gossip //

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At May 12, 2014 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Alyson said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! I love the look of the double braid headband but was never really sure how to do it:)

Cheers,
Alyson

 
At May 12, 2014 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Lauren {Fizz and Frosting} said...

Such a cute style! My hair isn't quite long enough to pin over to the other side, but I love the look!

 
At May 12, 2014 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Claire said...

Love this pretty hairstyle. Thanks for linking up with Little Miss Monday and God bless!
XO, Claire
http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

 
At May 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Darcy said...

This is seriously such a cute hair style!! I love it!
www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

 
At May 13, 2014 at 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anna @ The Beauty Section said...

Super cute hair idea! My hair is a lot shorter so I don't know if I could do this yet. Great step by step instructions though! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home