Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sweaters and Sandals

Posted by Devin
 
 
If you are going to give someone wardrobe advice for an Arizona Spring, sweaters and sandals would be a good start. Spring here is beauuuuutiful. Very sunny and warm, but sometimes there is a bit of a chill after the sun goes down. You can spend most of the day in your t-shirt and sandals, but you may need a sweater at night. Especially if you are a desert denizen like me and feel that any temp below 75 warrants a sweater.
 
 
The last few weeks have been in the upper 80's and there has been no need for sweaters at all. But this week we are going to see slightly cooler temperatures and I couldn't be happier! Mostly because of my new tribal sweater.
 
 
I bought this for my birthday last week and was worried I wouldn't be able to wear it until next winter. But then luck favored me and I saw that things were looking cooler for a short while, woohoo! Do you think anyone will notice if I wear it all week long? Eh... I don't care.
 
 
I have been wanting a tribal print sweater for months and never could find one that I loved. Then on a recent trip to the mall with Tara I spotted this one on clearance at Forever 21 and knew I had to have it! The print, colors, and cut were exactly what I was looking for and the price was right.
 
 
I am hoping to make lots of trips up north this summer so I won't have to wait 7 months for nice, cool weather again. Pine trees, here I come! And of course, I won't be forgetting to pack my sweater.
 
 
I paired my sweater with a simple black tee, light denim skinnies, strappy platform sandals, and my favorite teardrop turquoise necklace. I also added some braids to my hair for two reasons: 1. I am braid-obsessed lately. 2. Doesn't a tribal print sweater just seem like it would go with braids?!!
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Here's to a long and (slightly) chilly Spring!
 
What I Wore:
Tribal Sweater - Forever 21
Black Tee - Kohl's
Skinnies - Old Navy
Platform Sandals - Target
Bag - Michael Kors
Necklace - Charming Charlie
 

Labels:

14 Comments:

At April 1, 2014 at 9:09 AM , Blogger gabrielle said...

amazing find at F21! your hair is also super cute. wishing i lived in arizona...75 sounds like a heatwave.

xo,
gabby
www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

 
At April 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Carylee said...

Awesome colors and I'm also drooling over your wedges!! Nice detail with your braids! So effortless chic! Thanks for sharing with manic monday!
Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

 
At April 1, 2014 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Daily Express said...

Man, I am SO jealous of your thick hair! And I agree with Carylee...loving those wedges, too. Great outfit altogether - thanks so much for linking up again this week!
Gina
On the Daily Express

 
At April 1, 2014 at 9:05 PM , Blogger chrissi said...

Love the sweater! It's the same here in LA; always need a sweater at night when the sun goes down. I've lived here for almost 2 years and the temperature difference between day and night still amazes me!

Chrissi
fieryfinish.blogspot.com

 
At April 2, 2014 at 1:01 AM , Blogger Chelsea Oliver said...

I am in loveee with this sweater! And the shoes....okay so the whole outfit lol Great look!

-Chelsea
chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

 
At April 2, 2014 at 3:17 AM , Blogger Melaina25 said...

Loving that Aztec sweater and PLEASE come on my blog and comment how you get your hair to look that amazing! I've got hair envy!!!

✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

 
At April 2, 2014 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Darcy said...

This is good to know! I am going to Arizona for work in May so I was curious how to dress for it!
www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

 
At April 2, 2014 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Lindsay @ Broke and Bougie said...

LOVE this look!!

 
At April 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM , Blogger delovely details said...

Love the sweater and the braids! So cute!

 
At April 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

cute outfit, love the cardi! your hair is gorgeous!

 
At April 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous fashion-mommy said...

I do love that cardigan on you, it looks amazing with your hair. I'm also admiring your fab shoes.
#WIWW

 
At April 3, 2014 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Johanna said...

Don't you love those F21 cardigans? I bought 3 this winter. They are so cozy. I love your outfit and you have such amazing hair!

 
At April 5, 2014 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Dawn Lucy said...

Just found your blog through The Pleated Poppy and now you have a new fan! Very cool and adorable look!

 
At April 7, 2014 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Adri Lately said...

Those braids are perfect! Love that sweater too! Anytime I would visit AZ, I would bring a sweater even in the middle of summer with every place having their AC on full blast. So maybe you can still get plenty of use out of it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home