Saturday, April 19, 2014

Outfit in under 5 Minutes

Posted by Tara


Sometimes when I am heading into town or going to a gathering I look in my closet to pick something out and end up standing in there for WAY too long. Have you experienced this? I try on a shirt that I like, but then I don't like the pants I put them on with, so I take the shirt off and try another, but end up changing my entire outfit way too many times! Lately, I have been getting dressed a whole lot quicker.... Want to know my secret?!


The secret is COMFORT. No matter what I wear, I want to feel comfortable. In this post I wore my new dark denim skinnies from Forever 21. They fit perfectly (I'm a shorty, so sometimes it's tough). The top is from Seven and Co Boutique. I loved the Aztec pocket and all of the colors it brought to the outfit. It's light (which is needed in this Arizona heat) and fits loosely. 


I paired the outfit with my tan sandals that I got 2 years ago from Alloy. It's a magazine that I started to get in the mail and every summer they have killer prices on their flip flops and shoes. I couldn't resist when I saw these. They go with everything!


Since I was wearing something with Aztec print, I decided to go with my Aztec necklace from Forever 21. I tried on a few other necklaces that I own, but they made the outfit too busy. I just needed a simple necklace for this top.


If you stress about your outfit matching, don't worry, I think every girl does! I have started to tell myself that with the way fashion is now days, EVERYTHING matches. So don't be afraid to go outside your comfort zone on an outfit!


Simple pants, tee, necklace and I'm ready to go! Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to pin this to your fashion board on Pinterest!

What I Wore:
Necklace: Forever 21
Sandals: Alloy
Bag: Rip Curl (Bought in CA)

Labels:

17 Comments:

At April 19, 2014 at 10:23 PM , Blogger J Trogstad said...

I love the look! My favorite part are those sandals. I have the same problem sometimes, I can't find anything in my closet that works! #girlprobs

 
At April 20, 2014 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Tara Carroll said...

Thanks! Yes, if I'm pregnant I don't even want to walk in my closet. lol Lately I buy clothes that I know I would want to wear EVERYday! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At April 21, 2014 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Lindsay @ Broke and Bougie said...

I really like this look! I never check Alloy for shoes, I'm going to have to do that!

 
At April 21, 2014 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Brooke Ober said...

I love tops like this that are simple, but with a little something special to not feel too ordinary. Great look for only 5 minutes!

Brooke
convenientstyle.blogspot.com

 
At April 21, 2014 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Cute! I'm all about comfortable yet stylish.

Thanks for linking up for MMG :)

 
At April 21, 2014 at 2:00 PM , OpenID countrygirlcityfashion said...

This is definitely a simple yet stylish outfit. Love the fun pocket detail on the top, and those sandals.

 
At April 21, 2014 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Savvy Southern Chic said...

Cute look. The detail on the pocket, the necklace and sandals totally make it an outfit.

 
At April 21, 2014 at 3:47 PM , Anonymous Mama and More aka Zaz said...

Very cute look, I'm a petite mama too, so proportions are important. I'd love to invite you to pin to my Petite Style pinterest board, off to find you!

 
At April 21, 2014 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Carylee said...

Love this effortless look! I too spend way too much time outfit planning! It's great to not overcomplicate things and just grab *some*thing like this - and voila! It works in 30 seconds or less! Thanks for linking up! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

 
At April 22, 2014 at 6:42 AM , OpenID angelalambert7 said...

I love this outfit!!! The top looks so cute on you. The material looks so soft. The icing on the cake are those cute sandals. Officially in love with those.
So pretty.
~Angela
www.prettyinherpearls.com

 
At April 23, 2014 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Porcelina said...

Oo it is quite an Aztec look overall, you did well pulling it all together. I am visiting via the What I Wore Wednesday Linkup, P x

 
At April 23, 2014 at 3:19 AM , Blogger Becky M said...

That is such a cute top, and perfect for a day out when you don't want to put a lot of effort in. You look so cute!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

 
At April 23, 2014 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

love it!! Especially the bag...I need that in my life :)

 
At April 23, 2014 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Inge Jane said...

What a cute top! I love that Aztec pocket!
Inge
This Ever Evolving Life

 
At April 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Amber @ Fashion, Floss and Lip Gloss said...

Wow this outfit is so cute! Great tips to getting dressed quickly!

Amber
Fashion, Floss and Lip Gloss

 
At April 23, 2014 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Evgenia Hutson said...

Great look! The pocket accent is amazing!
~Zhenya
http://beingzhenya.com

 
At April 26, 2014 at 1:10 AM , OpenID mariaajohnson said...

I'm a shorty too! Now I feel like I need to go get a pair of those pants. They are super cute!

Visiting from Shanna's link up!
mariaajohnson.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home