Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fabergé Eggs Craft

Posted by Devin


If you are looking for a great Easter craft to do with your kids this year (and want to sneak in a little world and art history lesson as well), I have the tutorial for you!

When I was in the 6th grade, we made Fabergé eggs out of paper mâché and I remember thinking it was so much fun. Out of all the many school craft projects I ever made I'm not sure why this particular one stands out in my memory, but I loved it so much that I thought I would make some with my boys this year! 

To start with, I decided my boys probably needed a little but of an explanation as to what exactly a Fabergé egg is. And the best place to go to for that is always Wikipedia, in my opinion. Here is the link for a quick synopsis from Wikipedia I shared with the boys if you would like to teach your kids about them as well.

Secondly, I put together a paper to print out with pictures of various Fabergé eggs so they could see what they look like and have a little "egg-spiration" when creating their own. Here is the sheet you can print out as well.

For our craft, we did not make paper mâché eggs, instead I purchased plastic craft eggs from Walmart to decorate. Here is what you'll need for this craft project:


•plastic craft eggs ($1.97 per dozen at Walmart)
•craft paint in various colors
•paint brushes
•gold (or silver) Sharpies
•adhesive gems, jewels, and embellishments
•any other stickers or decorative items you would like to add to your eggs (the more, the better!)



This project was pretty simple. I gave the boys the picture of the Fabergé eggs and all of the craft supplies and let them do their thing! We began by painting our eggs and then added various embellishments once the eggs were dry. It was fun to see what the boys came up with and how their creativity and personalities came through in their designs. Everyone had a great time; 10, 8, 6, and 3 year-old alike. In fact, I made a few myself and also had a blast!





We are going to proudly display our Fabergé eggs in our home this year (if my 3 year-old doesn't keep sneaking off with them) and my boys were super excited that their eggs were going to be here on my blog for all of you to see. :) Happy crafting, everyone!


Linking Up With: Link Party Palooza // Tidy Mom // Pinworthy Projects // Creativity Unleashed // Moonlight and Mason Jars

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home