Friday, April 4, 2014

Easter Pallet Art

Posted by Tara


Need to add some cute Easter decor to your home? Well you have found the right place! This is super easy, anyone can do it (even me). I am not the very craftiest girl, so when I think of something that takes little creativity, I am all about it. Plus, this turned out so cute!




Step 1: I had left-over wood lying around from my  Pallet Sign Post , but most of the pieces weren't large enough to make more full-sized pallet signs. So I decided to make some mini pallet signs! For tips on taking apart a pallet and building your signs, be sure to check out my earlier post.


Step 2: Find a print that you want to use. I knew I wanted an egg and a chick so Devin graciously made a printable for me to print out on card stock and use.


Here is the egg stencil to print.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzSnruYDpCTLV0NKaDNNWFNuNmc/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the peep stencil to print.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzSnruYDpCTLekxudWJySEYyM0U/edit?usp=sharing
Step 3: Cut out and tape your stencil onto the wood. Make sure it's centered before painting. Paint and let dry before moving on and adding detail.


Step 4: After the paint has dried, touch up any mistakes that you may have made and, if you like, add some distressing by lightly going over the paint with sandpaper.


Step 5: Pick a phrase to add to your sign. I always write my lettering with pencil first, so I can get it centered and spelled correctly, and then go over it with my paint.

See! Look how simple that was! I hope you like my new Easter Decor! Let me know if you have any questions and I would love to see your finished products!



5 comments:

Marie bloominghomestead said...

These are so cute! I love anything pallet wood related. :)

Ashley said...

I love these. So super cute!

Judy Pimperl said...

I love your little signs, and it's such a good way to use up "scraps" of wood. Thank you for the patterns!
Judypimperl.blogspot.com

Msmoozys Open House said...

This is just to cute, I wanted to let you know that I am featuring your post tomorrow on Tuesday's with a Twist so please stop by to take a peek. Thank you again and have a great day.

April Hoff said...

These are so cute, girls! I love them! Thanks for linking up at the "Get Your DIY On" link-up! Come back on May 4th to share your flower projects! :)