Sunday, April 6, 2014

Chaos and Braids

Posted by Tara


This past week was pretty chaotic for me. From picking up kids from school, practices, and blog meetings I just felt overwhelmed. When I got ready for this fashion post, my schedule was so busy I decided on a big braid for my hair. It is my go-to hair-do when I am in a rush! The day we shot for this post, it was sprinkling rain and extremely windy, so of course my braid was blowing everywhere and threatening to come out, but over all its always easier than straightening and curling my hair.


These shoes are my favorite! I got them last year for my birthday and if you saw my recent fashion post you learned my love for floral. These shoes has a hint of sparkle to them that just make them fun. The colors n these shoes allow me to wear them with lots of outfits.


Chambray is a staple in I think everyone's closets. I love my star printed chambray. It's  a heavier fabric so it kept me warm on this cool, breezy day. ´╗┐My necklace is a new statement necklace. I love all the colors in it, an the glam it adds to my outfits. 


My green skinnies I have had now for almost 3 years. I got them at H&M and they have been amazing! Whenever I need a new color, I always buy my colored skinnies from there. 


I do have to admit it was a little fun shooting in the wind. I felt like a real model, ya know, the kind that have fans blowing in their hair while they pose!? Wouldn't that be the life.... hair and makeup done professionally all the time and professional photographers....? Sounds fun, but I'll stick with me doing my hair and makeup and Devin being my awesome photographer (she makes me laugh). 


What I Wore:
Chambray: Forever 21
Green Skinnies: H&M
Floral Shoes: Journeys
Clutch: Fresh Picks
Necklace: Fresh Picks

Linking up with: Plane Pretty // DC Style // Funday Monday // Little Miss // Manic Monday // Mix it Monday // Join the Gossip // Stylelixir //Trend Spin // Because Shanna Said So // Pleated Poppy // Three-fer Thursday // All Things Pretty // Fashion Informant // Tres-Chic Fashion

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At April 7, 2014 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Kimberly Pullig said...

I love this outfit! It is super cute. I love the pop of color added with the necklace and the floral shoes.
Kimberly
mascaramelodies.com

 
At April 7, 2014 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

I really like your hair like that - it's so pretty! And that star chambray is so cool!

 
At April 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Tiffany Ima said...

Love your hair and that necklace! You look great!

Tiffany Ima
Style Honestly

 
At April 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Rhea D said...

you look great - great oufit and i love that necklace!

Found your post via Manic Monday link up!

Rhea, Et Cetera - spring in the office

 
At April 7, 2014 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Daily Express said...

Very cute outfit and I think it's essential to have a no-fuss, bad weather hairstyle. Mine involves a hat. Anything else is asking for disaster! Thanks for linking up today!
Gina
On the Daily Express

 
At April 7, 2014 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Wrapped In Scarlet said...

Great colors. :)

 
At April 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Your Beauty Fix said...

You have AMAZING hair! Love the braid. <3

Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

 
At April 7, 2014 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Linda Cassidy said...

great look

 
At April 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM , Blogger Stephanie @ Vain and Simple said...

This is super cute! It's like the perfect casual outfit for Spring...right down to the hair.

Stephanie
http://www.vainandsimple.com/

 
At April 7, 2014 at 10:37 PM , Blogger Kacie said...

Oh your hair looks gorgeous like this--mine never looks this good in such a style. Love it!

 
At April 8, 2014 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Really Renata said...

Your hair is gorgeous and I love that lip color!

 
At April 8, 2014 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Joanna said...

Love these colors! And your hair is gorgeous!
Found you via the Trend Spin Linkup. Would love if you stopped by and said hi!

Beloved Jar of Clay

 
At April 9, 2014 at 5:44 AM , Blogger Emily said...

I love this whole outfit! And that braid is beautiful.
~Emily
http://thecountrybluebird.blogspot.com

 
At April 9, 2014 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Katie @ Loverly She said...

You look so pretty! I love braids but have zero coordination with my hair and can never pull one off :)

 
At April 9, 2014 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Angela's experience with the Method said...

Super cute outfit!!! Love that braid and beautiful necklace!!! I love that pop of pink!!
Angela
www.prettyinherpearls.com

 
At April 9, 2014 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Jennifer Colgrove said...

Love your style! Stopping by from the linkup!!

Jenna from Visions of Vogue

 
At April 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Rachel Lynne said...

WOW! Your hair is STUNNING! Love the braid with this look!

Rachel's Lookbook

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home