Monday, March 3, 2014

Homemade French Toast

Posted by Tara


I currently get a large supply of fresh eggs from my neighbors every two weeks. They give me a lot... I actually just picked up a few cases from them today, it's great! Since I have no shortage of eggs, I am always throwing in breakfast for our dinner meals throughout the week. French toast is one of our favorites. If you need a great recipe, I've got you covered!

Ingredients
1 dozen eggs
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 loaves Texas Toast

Crack eggs into large bowl.


Scramble until yolks are broken. Add whipping cream and milk. Stir until fully incorporated. Add cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla and stir until combined. Batter will look thick from the heavy whipping cream.
Dip your slices of bread into the egg mixture and coat generously.


Place coated bread on greased griddle and cook until gold brown on both sides, flipping when neccesary.


 Cover in butter and syrup and ENJOY!


























Linking up with: Craft-O-Maniac, Jam Hands, Marvelous Monday, Sweet Sharing Monday, Chef In Training, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Simple Supper Sunday, Tasty Tuesdays, Flusters Creative Muster, Moonlight and Mason Jars, Practically Functional, Just Us Four

4 comments:

Cindy Jamieson said...

We love adding cinnamon to our French toast custard. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

Beth Graves said...

Ohhhhh! This recipe sounds so good! I have never even thought about adding heavy wihipping cream nor vanilla. I hope you don't mind but I want to share the link to my Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole, http://wp.me/p40WUg-4l Matter of fact I am making it tonight for our dinner

Beth
bethandbeauty.com

Cathy Compeau said...

Thank you for linking up at Tasty Tuesdays! Your post has been pinned to my Recipes from Tasty Tuesday board. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
Have a terrific weekend!
Cathy
APeekIntoMyParadise.com
#TastyTuesdays

anyonita green said...

I love a good French toast breakfast :) (or midnight snack!) I've pinned & stumbled these and will be featuring you today on Anyonita Nibbles! :)