Monday, March 3, 2014

Feeling Lucky in Emerald Green

Posted by Devin
 

I have always been a bargain shopper, but until recently, I hadn't been a thrift store shopper. I always thought it would be fun to cruise through thrift stores and hunt for steals, but we just didn't have any nice ones in my area. All of the good thrift stores were atleast an hour away and once you counted the time and gas money to get there, the clothes didn't seem like such a steal any more. So I was super excited when a brand new Goodwill opened on my side of town last month! And this awesome Tahari dress was the very first thing I found there!
 

This dress fit me like a glove, it was in perfect condition, and I loved the cut and color and the button tabs... I knew it was coming home with me. 
 

I bought this dress for the bargain price of $9.99. When I got home I decided to google it to see if I could find it on-line and it turns out it used to be for sale at Macy's for $117!!! I'd say I got pretty lucky with this find.


The lining of the dress is black with small white polka dots and it looks super cute with the green, so I thought "Ok, I NEED a black and white cardigan to go with this." Once again, lucky me! Target just happened to have exactly what I was looking for! And on sale too! This cardigan is so cute, I'm excited to pair it with lots of things.
 

I decided to add a few gold accents with the necklace and clutch, put on some green eyeshadow to make my eyes pop with the dress a little more, and once I put it all together... I'd say this outfit worked!


What's your say on thrifting? Love it? Hate it? Never done it? I'm a new fan for sure. Can't wait to see what I'll find next!

What I Wore:
Dress - Thrifted (similar)
Cardigan - Target (exact)
Pumps - Ross (similar)
Necklace - Charming Charlie (similar)
Clutch - Thrifted (similar)

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy, Style Elixir, Trend Spin Linkup, Transatlantic Blonde, Because Shanna Said So, Three-fer Thursday, All Things Pretty, Style File, Little Miss Monday, On the Daily Express, More Pieces of Me, Mix it Monday, Sunday Style

35 comments:

Linda Cassidy said...

great dress, what a find. I love how you styled this

Kim Hkiss said...

What a steal! You look very fabulous in this outfit.

Kim,USA

Carylee said...

I love the idea of thrifting, but I honestly have not gotten into it because I am so impatient and cannot mentally prepare for the hunt! But a find like this makes me wish I were into it more! It's a perfect color and perfect fit! And your hair is gorgeous, too!
Carylee @ morepiecesofme.com

Beth Graves said...

I love thrift store shopping! You can find some great items from clothes to home decor. It just makes me giddy inside when I find thrifty deals. I love your thrifty finds. My love for finding thrifty deals is what helped me create my Thrifty Thursday's blog posts. Last week I actually shared my great thrifty find on Too Faced products. Hope you will check it out!!! My husband even got one of his most wore suits at Goodwill.


Beth @ bethandbeauty.com

Southern Scraps said...

Great find! and the cardigan is perfect with it.

Ashley said...

GREAT find!! Wow! I need to get better at thrifting.

Stesha said...

I am obsessed with that dress, and from god will?!? wow, i neeeed to learn to thrift shop! You look great!

xxS

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

Is it bad that I am jealous of that dress! It is such a great cut, seems to be in perfect condition and the color is amazing! The fact that you got it from the thrift store makes me more jealous. You look gorgeous!

Abby said...

What a pretty dress and at such a steal! You look fabulous!

xo Always, Abby

Katherine P said...

Love the green with the black and white! I never would've thought of that. That dress is gorgeous! I adore thrifting though it does take some patience. I own way more high end brands than I did when I was spending a lot more money.

Ginny MyNewFavoriteOutfit said...

You look beautiful. I adore this combo and the green is perfection!

Abby said...

That green dress... so breathtakingly beautiful! I love your choice of necklace too!

If you have a sec, I'd like to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post :)

Abby of http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Pamela Macdonald said...

Ok, first off...HOT MAMA! Youre just stunning, as always!
And what an incredible find! I absolutely love the color on you, and the waist and buttons are my favorite! You look like a million bucks (even if everything cost you way less! - best part!)
I love trying to find things to thrift, but am never that lucky. Usually, what's available are moomoos and ratty sweaters :( But I do keep trying ;)

Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Linda! So glad you stopped by!

Tara and Devin said...

Thanks so much, Kim!

Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Carylee! I know what you mean about thrifting... I think you have to be in the right mood and have the time to browse. Not always an easy combination to come by. ;)

Tara and Devin said...

Cool, I'll have to check that out Beth! Thanks for the comment!

Tara and Devin said...

Thanks so much!

Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Ashley! This find definitely gave me the bug to continue thrifting. ;)

Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Stesha! xoxo

Tara and Devin said...

LOL Ashley! I've been jealous of dresses plenty of times myself. ;) Thank you for your comment!

Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Abby!

Tara and Devin said...

Aww, thank you Pamela! I'm hoping this find wasn't just beginner's luck! Fingers crossed for future finds! ;)

Tara and Devin said...

I'm not sure I would have thought of that combo either if it wasn't for the lining of the dress, but I love it! Thanks for stopping by Katherine!

Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Ginny!

Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Abby! I will check it out!

eliz said...

I tried to be a thrifter...I leave empty handed...haha. Love this green!

Jen P said...

Oh man - that dress is awesome! And it's even nicer when it's a thrift store find. It does look like it fits you perfectly! If you're interested, I host a weekly link up and I think this would make a perfect contribution! Thanks for sharing - I hope I get as lucky as you during my next trip to the thrift store!!

~ Jen
http://www.basictrainingcorporatestyle.com/2014/03/play-on-previous-remix-fashionably.html

Melaina25 said...

What an amazing find!

✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

Iris P. said...

Awww, so gorgeous! I love the green and polka dots on you! You look beautiful!

librarianforlifestyle said...

Such a stunning color combination on you! What a fantastic find in that green dress. I am totally pinning this for an inspiration look. Visiting via the Sunday Style linkup :)

Jen @ Librarian for Life & Style

fashion-mommy said...

Amazing. Everything about this dress is perfect on you, and the price is unbelievable. What a fabulous bargain.

Coming from What I wore Wednesdayx

Mrs C said...

I've read so much about thrift bloggers and how I envy them! here in Dubai I can only dream of such a thing as goodwill store of thrift shopping. I know the kind of treasure one can find in these stores.. great find and you've style it really well!

From Dubai with xxx
Mrs Jack Of All Trades
www.mjoat.com

Daily Express said...

What a great thrift find! That dress is a gorgeous color on you. I think I'm honestly not patient enough for thrifting...or I choose not to be patient enough! I used to do it in high school and would find great stuff but now...life is a little more busy! Thanks for sharing your outfit with Manic Monday. :)
Gina
On the Daily Express

clara mcmillan said...

You are looking adorable, I love the green on you! Thanks for linking-up with Little Miss Monday.

God bless
XO, Claire
http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com