Thursday, March 13, 2014

Easy & Delicious Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

Posted by Devin

When making a spaghetti dinner, it's really all about the sauce, isn't it? This is a meat sauce I have been tweaking the last few years and I think I've finally got it about right. I don't start from fresh tomatoes, but I don't buy jarred sauce either. This is somewhere in between, sort-of semi-homemade (delicious sauce for a busy mom's lifestyle). I love this sauce because I usually have most of the ingredients on hand and other than the ground beef, most of the items have a long shelf life. That makes it so easy to whip up on a busy night or at the end of a grocery cycle. Also, I use this sauce recipe for homemade stromboli and pizza (minus the ground beef). It's super delicious. Here is what you'll need:



Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground beef
1 small onion, diced
6 oz. can tomato paste
2 - 14.5 oz. cans sliced stewed tomatoes
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. salt
crushed red pepper, to taste (I sprinkle this over mine and Jake's servings at the end so I don't have to worry about it being too spicy for the kiddos.)
1: Brown the meat and onion.
 
2: Put all other ingredients into the blender and blend quickly, just until the stewed tomatoes are pureed and the ingredients are mixed. I like to put the tomato paste and one of the cans of stewed tomatoes in, then the spices, and then the last can of stewed tomatoes. It probably doesn't matter, but I just like to make sure the spices are well blended into the sauce.


3: Combine the meat mixture and the tomato mixture into a sauce pan and simmer over medium-low. Heat until warm.


And that is all it takes! This sauce is super easy to make and really takes your spaghetti dinner to the next level. Cash loves to cook with me and putting him "in charge" of stirring the sauce is his favorite.


I hope you all love this sauce as much as my family does!


Linking Up With: Link Party Palooza, Tidy Mom, Just Us Four, Practically Functional, Pink When

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home