Sunday, February 9, 2014

I Heart Fashion

Posted by Tara


Fashion is something that I have grown to love. I can't say that it has always been my thing. Maybe it was, but I don't feel like I really got my groove in fashion 'til 2 years ago. I love mixing my clothes up from casual to nice casual. Today I am going to show you how to dress up a printed tee from the day time to the evening!


I recently got this tee from Salt and Pepper Tees (great business name, right!?). The material is incredible and who doesn't love a big loose tee? I figured since Valentine's is this Friday I would show off their Heart of Gold Tee. The nice part is, gold goes with everything! I can pair this tee with denim, as shown above, or leggings or any colored skinny jeans. 


Now to dress this tee up, I added a black blazer, pink skinnies, and black heels. This outfit is perfect for my Valentine's dinner with the hubby. If you notice, I didn't wear a necklace with this shirt in either outfit. I really liked the heart to be the main focus in these outfits and didn't want to take away from it. But I'm sure if you wanted to pair a simple necklace with it, it would look good.


It doesn't take much to switch this shirt from a day time to a night time outfit, just a few changes. I could have kept the denim and just added the blazer, but I really wanted pink for Valentine's. I think it paired well with the black and gold as well. 

Be sure to pin these to your style boards for later reference. If you would like to follow my fashion board on Pinterest click here: http://www.pinterest.com/TaraRCarroll/

What I Wore:
Heart of Gold Tee: Salt and Pepper Tees
Blazer: Forever 21
Denim: BKE Denim
Pink Skinny Pants: H&M
Leopard Flats: Payless
Black Heels: Target

Labels:

18 Comments:

At February 10, 2014 at 5:04 AM , Blogger Charnele Michel said...

Love both way you styled this simple tee. especially the night look!

xo,
ChaChaTheFashionGenius.com

 
At February 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Salt & Pepper Tees said...

Great Post Girls! Thanks for featuring our tee. - Salt & Pepper

 
At February 10, 2014 at 9:45 PM , Blogger clara mcmillan said...

You are too adorable, this look is beyond cute. Thanks for sharing on Little Miss Monday, God bless! ;)

Xo, Claire
Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

 
At February 11, 2014 at 2:56 AM , Blogger Mrs C said...

Great day and night look! The pink pair of jeans is truly a stunner!

Mrs Jack Of All Trades
Dubai, UAE

 
At February 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Lauren {Fizz and Frosting} said...

I just love that graphic tee! Paired with the pink jeans, it's the perfect Valentine's Day look! Love that bright pink lip too! ;)

Lauren
Fizz and Frosting

 
At February 11, 2014 at 9:21 PM , Blogger CLK Fashions said...

The heart tee is super cute! Linking up with The Life of the Party : http://www.thelifeofthepartyblog.com/

and http://www,clkfashions.bogspot.com

 
At February 12, 2014 at 9:58 AM , Anonymous Alyssa Barnett said...

love the heart tee. your blog is great! I'll be back.
Stopping by from alyssabarnettbeauty.com <3

 
At February 12, 2014 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Shon said...

What a cute tee..I love that you styled it for day/Mommy duties or night/date night.
Fun, fun.

 
At February 13, 2014 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Charnele! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At February 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Your Welcome! Thanks for checking out our post and creating adorable tees!!

 
At February 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Aww! Thank you! Thanks for stopping by Clara!

 
At February 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you! Any colored pants from H&M are a must! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At February 13, 2014 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Lauren! Thanks for always having a great link-up! :)

 
At February 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks! Thanks for stopping by! Come again soon!

 
At February 13, 2014 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Awww! Thanks Alyssa! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At February 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank for stopping by Shon!

 
At February 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Anna Belle said...

I love graphic tees - so easy to wear everyday, but fun to dress up!

 
At February 17, 2014 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Iris P. said...

That top is cute!! Love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home