Thursday, February 20, 2014

Green Smoothies for St. Patty's Day

Posted by Tara


I used to be very intimidated by green smoothies. Then I started making them and they actually taste much better than they look! Just like me, my kids were nervous about the bright GREEN color. I convinced them that they taste like any other fruit smoothie and they actually love them now and enjoy drinking them all the time! And aren't they so fun for St. Patrick's Day?! Here's what you'll need to make your own delicious green smoothies:

Ingredients
2 heaping handfuls of fresh spinach
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1/2 cup frozen mango or half a fresh mango
1 cup juice
ice

Put all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Drink immediately. Easy enough right?! Kids and adults alike will not be disappointed!


I drink these in the mornings to jump start my day with all those vitamins and minerals. And think of all the benefits by making one a day for your little ones! It's the best way to get a serving or two of veggies in before lunch time!


Linking up with: Tatertots and Jello, Moonlight and Mason Jars, Practically Functional, Tidy Mom, Just Us Four, Pink When, Sunday Funday, Show and Tell Wednesday

3 comments:

Jill Smith said...

A Easy trick to make the green smoothie "smoother"...blend the spinach first until there are no little chunks left. Then add the rest of the ingredients. We love green smoothies at out house!

Virginia Megin Gallagher said...

Thank you for sharing this at DIY Showcase on VMG206. I'm featuring your post today in my 10 St. Patrick's Day Ideas Round Up!
~ Megin of VMG206

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Yum and that's literally the perfect shade of green! Thanks for linkin to Sunday FUNday! Pinning!