Monday, February 24, 2014

Crock Pot Corned Beef & Cabbage

Posted by Devin


When you think of St. Patrick's Day, what food do you think of? If it's anything other than corned beef and cabbage, I would love to know what it is! Because this is the ONLY meal that comes to mind for me. What else do the Irish eat?!! Lol!

This recipe combines two things I love: corned beef with cabbage and my crockpot. Dinner time always seems to be so hectic and crazy, crockpot meals are my absolute favorite. I love preparing my meals early so I can just dish and serve at dinner time. So if you would like a fuss-free, traditional Irish dinner this St. Patrick's Day, you will want to check this recipe out! It is super delicious! 

Ingredients:
1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 lbs)
1 head cabbage
3 large potatoes
12 oz. petite carrots
1 onion
3 cups water
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. pepper


1. Peel and cut your potatoes into large chunks.


2. Cut the onion into wedges.
 
3. Place the vegetables (potato, onions, and carrots) in the crockpot.
 
4. Combine the water, garlic, apple cider vinegar, sugar, pepper, and the spice packet that came with the brisket.
 
5. Pour mixture over the vegetables in the crockpot.
 
6. Cut the brisket in half and set on top of the vegetables.
 
7. Cut the cabbage head into wedges and place on top of the brisket.


8. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender.


When the 8 hours is up, you'll have a delicious and traditional dinner all ready for your St. Patrick's Day! My husband and boys always gobble this right up and I hope your family enjoys it as well!


Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.

Linking Up With: Link Party Palooza, Fluster Buster, Sugar Bee Crafts, Ginger Snap Crafts, Wake Up Wednesdays, Moonlight and Mason Jars, Practically Functional, Just Us Four, WhipperBerry, TidyMom, PinkWhen

If you like this recipe and want to see more from us, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, through Email!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh yum! This is one of my favorites!!

Cathy Compeau said...

Hi,
I am sharing your wonderful post tomorrow in my "100 Something Green St. Patricks Day RoundUp" http://wp.me/p466oG-11f with a link back to your original post plus pinned to my St. Patricks Day Board! Have a terrific weekend!
Cathy from APeekIntoMyParadise.com

Tara and Devin said...

Awesome! Thanks Cathy!

Teri said...

Corned Beef and Cabbage in the crockpot! What an excellent idea! I love it! It is my favorite St. Paddy's Day dinner. I would be thrilled if you would link it to my “Get Your Blarney On” link party! It’s all about celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! http://bit.ly/1luIm3M
Hope to see you there!

Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

Great recipe! My mom always did this in the crock pot for St. Patrick's Day dinner. :-) Stopping by to pin this and let you know I featured it on my blog today!