Monday, January 20, 2014

Mad for Michael

Posted by Devin


I'd like to introduce you to my new best friend. His name is Michael and he goes EVERYWHERE with me. He's clean, sturdy, dependable, and oh so pretty to look at. Yes, that's right, I'm talking about my new handbag. What can I say, it was love at first sight!


This gorgeous Michael Kors handbag was an early birthday present from my parents and I am super excited to have a bag that is built well enough to stand the abuse I am surely going to put it through. There's just something about being a mom that means your purse is like ground zero when you're out and about (which is most of the time). Everyone either needs something out of it or wants to put something in it. Am I right? And with four boys, that equals a lot of purse traffic.
 
 
I had been wanting a nice leather bag for awhile, but thanks to the purchase of my new camera (with which these fine pictures were taken, love love love my camera) I figured it was going to be awhile before I bought myself one. I'm so glad I have a birthday early in the year! And a mom with impeccable taste! And a dad who didn't want his closet cluttered up with my big birthday bag for the next two months, lol!
 
 
Now I just have to decide if I am ever going to actually let my family put anything in it. Right now it's holding my wallet, phone, and some chapstick. Hahaha!!! There's a whole lot of unused real estate in there but I'd really like to keep it that way.
 
 
And on a quick side note, another thing I am absolutely loving lately: checked shirts. I wore a gray one quite a lot like this for a fashion post in December, but I had to wear this blue one for this fashion post because I can't get enough of them. I'm considering getting one in every color. J/K ;)
 
 
What I Wore:
Blazer - Forever 21
Checked Shirt - Garnet Hill
Mint Corduroy Skinnies - Rue 21
Nude Pumps - Kohl's
Necklace - Charming Charlie
 

Labels: , ,

28 Comments:

At January 20, 2014 at 9:26 PM , Anonymous Kayla said...

I am entirely obsessed with your outfit from head to nude toe!

 
At January 21, 2014 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Ellen said...

love that top!! it's the perfect plaid to go with everything.
~Ellen
www.everydayfancy.com

 
At January 21, 2014 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Mrs C said...

Congrats on the new bag, very nice indeed and very sweet of your parents. I also love the color of your nude pumps.. it is hard finding the closest color to my skin tone but you nailed it with this pair!

GREETINGS FROM DUBAI!
MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES (a fashion and life-style blog)
http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

 
At January 21, 2014 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Lol, thank you Kayla!

 
At January 21, 2014 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Ellen! This and my gray one are my absolute faves right now. :)

 
At January 21, 2014 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you! I think nude pumps look so great with so many things. So glad you stopped by!

 
At January 21, 2014 at 3:49 PM , Blogger Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

CUTE! I love the whole look. My MK purse is def one of my favs. They're so stylish, yet classic.

Thanks for linking up for MMG :)

 
At January 21, 2014 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Daily Express said...

Thanks for linking up with Manic Monday! Glad to have found your blog- your hair is sooo gorgeous and your outfit is perfection. Hope to see you back next week!
On the Daily Express

 
At January 22, 2014 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Angela Reasonstodress said...

Hi just hopped over from The Pleated Poppy. Great bag! Super colors that go well with what you're wearing, but I can also totally see this bag with a nice pair of black pumps and dark jeans. Super find, welcome Michael!


Angie from reasons to dress

p.s. I’d love to hear from you! I’’m hosting a reader survey and LUXURY GIVEAWAY for a $245 pair of earrings from the Paris brand Satellite. Please stop by and enter!!

 
At January 22, 2014 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Jodi said...

Fantastic outfit - I love how you pulled it together.

 
At January 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

The bag is gorgeous - I can definitely see why you are so excited about it! And I love that checked shirt - especially with the gorgeous color of pants!

 
At January 22, 2014 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks for stopping by Leeann!

 
At January 22, 2014 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you for the sweet compliment and for hosting the linkup!

 
At January 22, 2014 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

I'll have to check it out! Thanks Angela!

 
At January 22, 2014 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks so much Jodi!

 
At January 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Ashley! :)

 
At January 22, 2014 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Dhruvi said...

Love this look!! Such cool colors!

Dhruvi
Stilettos & Sequins
$410 Valentine's Day Cash Giveaway

 
At January 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Dhruvi!

 
At January 23, 2014 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Carylee said...

I love love love everything about this! That bag is perfection! I don't blame you for not wanting anyone else's stuff in it! And love that you paired it with gingham - it's all really great. AND yay for a new camera! I just bought myself a new lens for my 1-year blogiversary and it's amazing the difference it makes!
Thanks for linking up for Manic Monday! Hope to see you again!
morepiecesofme.com

 
At January 23, 2014 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Tracy Miller said...

This whole outfit is perfection! I also love checks and plaids. So versatile. And, as I'm sure you have experienced in the past, your purse will fill up very quickly with things you didn't even know could end up in a purse - thanks, kids!

Tracy @Its Mostly About Fashion

 
At January 25, 2014 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Chrissy Boerman said...

i love the blue checks with the mint pants. second post today mixing blue and mint. Thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party. we love having you.

 
At January 28, 2014 at 1:29 PM , Anonymous Sherry said...

LOVEEE this look on you!!! The checkers and mint...perfection! I agree...Micheal Kors is my favorite as well.

 
At January 29, 2014 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Carylee!!! Yes, the new camera has already made such a great difference for our blog. I can't imagine how good the pics will be when I actually learn all of the tricks to using it, lol! Thanks so much for your comments!

 
At January 29, 2014 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Tracy! I'm still holding strong on the no-kid-items rule for my purse, but it's only a matter of time. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

 
At January 29, 2014 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Blue and mint don't seem like they should be paired, but then it just works! Thanks Chrissy!

 
At January 29, 2014 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Sherry! And thank you for hosting the great link up! xoxo

 
At January 30, 2014 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Sara SHOEmaker said...

I love this entire outfit! I'm a sucker for pastels and gingham so seeing how you put them together is awesome! congrats on the MK bag, I Looooove michael kors bags!

 
At March 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Garments Speech said...

Love how you pulled it together the gingham shirt and mint pants!

Alena http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home