Friday, January 10, 2014

Game Day Spicy Shrimp

Posted by Tara


As Superbowl Sunday quickly approaches, I thought I would share a recipe that my family has made for several holidays and parties. This shrimp will knock your socks off. It's tangy from the BBQ sauce, spicy from the jalapeno, and wrapped in prosciutto. What more would you need? These will make great appetizers for your special Game Day party!

Ingredients:
Your favorite BBQ Sauce
Raw Shrimp
Jalapeno
Prosciutto or Pancetta

First I start by rinsing my shrimp and peeling them if needed. 

I slice my jalapenos in half and scrape out all of the seeds. The more veins and seeds you leave the spicier they will be. 


I then slice my jalapenos in thin slivers, around 1/8-1/4". 

Wrap your jalapeno slices on the back of your shrimp. You will have to bend the jalapeno around the shrimp. 


After adding the jalapeno, wrap the prosciutto around the shrimp and secure it with a skewer or toothpick.  

It should look something like this. I then toss them on the grill and let them cook 3-5 minutes on each side. Try not to let the prosciutto burn. When it looks like they are almost done, I coat each side in BBQ sauce. I chose Famous Dave's because it is my favorite, but use whatever sauce you like best. 

This is an easy recipe and everyone will love them! 

 Adapted from newspaper recipe in 2004.

Linking up with: Tatertots and Jello, Just Us Four, Practically Functional, Flusters Creative Muster

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home