Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Casual at the Capitol

Posted by Devin

My husband works in downtown Phoenix, Arizona and I love the opportunity to visit the area when I happen to stop by his office. This week we had a lovely picnic lunch (the weather here has been amazing!) at the memorial park across the street from his office. We explored the various monuments and then toured through the capitol building itself. It's so fun learning more about the history of our native state.

I can not get enough yellow in my wardrobe lately. Maybe it's all of this January sunshine and warm weather we are getting, but everyday I seem to gravitate towards the yellows in my closet.  

I also can't seem to get enough of brown and black mixed together. There were times in my life where I refused to mix the two, but this year it is one of my favorite looks. What do you think about brown and black together? 

Another thing I am loving lately: denim. I used to wear blue jean pants every day, but now I gravitate more towards denim for shirts, vests, and jackets. What do you think of this sleeveless denim shirt? I bought it on sale at Target and I find SO many things to pair it with. I love it, but don't know if it's everyone's cup of tea. Tell me your thoughts!

What I Wore:
Denim Shirt - Target
Yellow Shirt - Target
Black Skinnies - Forever 21
Boots - JC Penney
Ombre Necklace - Charming Charlie's
Cuff Bracelet - Gift
Sunglasses - Target
 

Labels:

13 Comments:

At January 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Love the layers!!

 
At January 8, 2014 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Imogen said...

Fantastic. Such beautiful hair. I love the touches of yellow, suits you.

 
At January 9, 2014 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Niki!

 
At January 9, 2014 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks so much Imogen!

 
At January 9, 2014 at 6:14 PM , Anonymous Abby said...

Loving this look a lot! And those boots are to die for!!

www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

 
At January 10, 2014 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Abby! I love these boots. Definitely my go-to shoes this winter. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

 
At January 10, 2014 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Carolyn McAfee said...

Great look! I love the layered denim top!
Stopping by from Fashion Informant!
Carolyn
http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com

 
At January 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Vicki Wilde said...

Visiting from The Best of Friday Style Link-up! I'm so jealous of your Arizona weather, it's been really chilly here in NJ! That denim top is really fun, great look today.

Be sure to stop by my blog today, big big Stitch Fix giveaway!
<3 Vicki
wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

 
At January 13, 2014 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Carolyn!

 
At January 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Vicki! Our weather really has been amazing. Time for a winter AZ vacation? ;) Thanks for stopping by!

 
At January 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Lauren {Fizz and Frosting} said...

That sunshine is making me so jealous! I could use a little more sunshine and warm weather! Thanks for linking up with Mix it Mondays! :)

 
At January 14, 2014 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Zarouhi Zaz said...

I am totally jealous of the sunshine! It is freeeezing here in London! Love the denim vest, although not sure I could rock it - and I definitely wear brown and black together a lot - it's like navy and black, they feel wrong but look right.

Would love you to come link up to #AllAboutYou

http://www.mama-andmore.com/2014/01/all-about-you-tuesday-link-and-pin.html

 
At January 15, 2014 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Sherry said...

I'm so jealous of the layers...such a great look on you!
xo~Sherry
www.thelifeofthepartyblog.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home